jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Dog Care for furry friends

1. profile image61
    MelindaJGHposted 23 months ago

Could some kind fellow hubbers suggest any improvements to "Dog Care for furry friends"? I added two photos and changed my headline.  Thanks very much!

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 23 months ago

The one thing that strokes me as odd is an excessive amount of link to other people's hubs.

1. profile image61
      MelindaJGHposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Sorry, psycheskinner.  I thought that we were encouraged to link to one another's articles if on related topics.  On your advice, I deleted a few links.  Thanks for your input.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 23 months ago in reply to this

That was the advice many years ago.  We are now advised to keep all outgoing links to a bare minimum, and only very directly relevant links.

3. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 23 months ago

I see a few minor things. First, the title is not capitalized (meaning there is nocapitalization of first letter of each word) and the titles of each section are not capitalized except for one section; which is inconsistent, plus I think capitalizing looks better.

Also, I would not put two pictures at the top. Maybe one picture and then move the other to the spot above or below the table you have on the Hub; it would give it a better flow and be easier on the reader's eyes.

1. profile image61

Thanks so much, NateB11, for your constructive criticism.  I edited the titles, including capitalization, and re-arranged the photos.

1. NateB11 profile image93
        NateB11posted 23 months ago in reply to this

No problem, glad to help.

4. DrMark1961 profile image91
    DrMark1961posted 23 months ago

Hi Melinda I am not sure if you are interested in traffic (and not having your article unfeatured for lack of traffic), but if you are you need to take a look at your title. You have probably looked things up on the internet to make your dogs life better, but have you ever looked up "dog care for furry friends"? I doubt it, and I doubt that your hub is ever going to get significant traffic from Google because of the title.
    You might consider "Six best ways to play with your dog", "best dog care health tips", etc. You need to have a specific title that is related to what the hub is about. To me it seems very general. If that is what you want your title should reflect that, but you also need to realize that few dog owners are likely to read it.

1. profile image61

Thanks, DrMark1961.  You make an interesting point:  I agree that I would not consider my title a useful Internet search prompt.  I appreciate your suggestion and will revise accordingly.

working