jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Is anyone resident in South Africa writing for hubpages

1. TessSchlesinger profile image93
    TessSchlesingerposted 23 months ago

Hi,

I've just been told by paypal that South Africa does not accept mass payments and I'm wondering if there is anyone else living in South Africa who is being paid by hubpages.

1. PegCole17 profile image92
      PegCole17posted 23 months ago in reply to this

You might ask Martie Coetser who writes from South Africa. I'm not sure about the payment issues with PayPal.

2. CrisSp profile image83
      CrisSpposted 23 months ago in reply to this

DaveOnline I believed is also hubbing from South Africa.

3. MartieCoetser profile image89
      MartieCoetserposted 23 months ago in reply to this

PayPal works only with First National Bank. If you have an online account at FNB, it is very easy to transfer your PayPal money to your bank account.

TessSchlesingerposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Are you being paid by Hubpages? I have an account with FNB. However, there are six or seven banks that can be used now. That changed. Paypal was declining my paypal account despite the fact that FNB was linked to it.

I need evidence that others in South Africa have been paid through paypal. Have you actually received money from hubpages through paypal south Africa? I need to provide evidence that they are wrong.

2. MartieCoetser profile image89
    MartieCoetserposted 23 months ago

Tess, I'm afraid if they had decided to end payments to SA after they've approved my account,  sending a proof of my payments may encourage them to close my account.  See if you can get hold of Nadine May, Johan Smulders and other SA'cans. If they, too, get money through PP, you may mention the simple fact that 3-4 of your fellow-South African writers are being paid through them.  You should rather ask your bank to contact PP on your behalf.  FNB has specific people working with PayPal.  You may also contact Hubpages team via e-mail and ask their advice.

TessSchlesingerposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I think you misunderstand something. I am in good standing with FNB. They approved the account. After I left the States, I opened an account in the UK, and payment was declined there as well. Then I moved to South Africa, and payment was declined here as well.

They are telling me that mass payments are not accepted in South Africa. I can see from the fact that you are being paid that this is not true.

I suspect it is because I am using the same email address for America, the UK, and South Africa. They put it back to America, and I promptly received my payment.

I am going to use another email address to open up another paypal account, and see what happens.

working