jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Women's Fashion Boots

1. Fahsionboots profile image50
    Fahsionbootsposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Women's Fashion Boots (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Your intro suggests the Hub is going to be about platform boots, but it isn't. You might want to preface that first section with an intro that explains what the hub is about.

You still aren't crediting your image sources. You have to do that. There are sections within the image capsule to add the source, a link and the type of license. If they are your own photos, then put your name there. All photos should be copyright free or you should have explicit permission to use them. People have been invoiced by professional photographers for using their work without permission - and they are legally entitled to do so.

Otherwise, it's getting better smile

2. Fahsionboots profile image50
    Fahsionbootsposted 2 years ago

Thanks very much for the suggestions. With reference to photos if i add 'royalty' to the end of the search title do i still need to find out where they come from if they are free to use in my hub? Sometimes those free photos have a very tiny(i mean microscopic) URL on one edge of the photo some have nothing.

HP prefers you to include the source.

Typing 'royalty' in your image search won't work. Many images that appear on Google image search have already been 'stolen'.  It's best if you get your photos from a reputable source like Compfight, which filters Flickr for Creative Commons images. There are other places but you'll have to wait until other hubbers contribute to the thread - I try to use my own photos for hubs and blog.

Fahsionbootsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

thanks very much for that warning, I had know idea about photographers invoicing people using 'royalty' images from Google, I have started making changes to the post. I don't think that this is the immediate problem as I have other posts like http://hubpages.com/education/Selection … -Scientist which got featured immediately I published them. I can't understand what I am doing wrong as the Women's Fashion Boots has many good tips photos, quiz, maps, tables and NO ADVERTIZING at all.???

Indeed, it's not too bad. Maybe the title makes it appear as though it could be overly commercial? How about "How to Wear Women's Fashion Boots" or "New Trends in Women's Fashion Boots 2016"?

Sort those images out big_smile The Learning Center Hub below is very comprehensive.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

Fahsionbootsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

thanks i've changed the title, yes, most of yesterday I located the images I have listed and inserted the URL under them....will continue today...spent too much time already on this post for what its worth!

2. Fahsionboots profile image50
            Fahsionbootsposted 24 months agoin reply to this

Hi theraggededge, do you know anything about the copyright laws in the usage of utube videos in your hub? thank you.

theraggededgeposted 24 months agoin reply to this

As far as I'm aware, if the video is available on YouTube, then it will be fine in HP. However, if that video is removed from YouTube due to copyright violation, then your video will disappear and leave an error message in its place on the hub.

working