jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Featured Hub Turns Non-featured

1. mjkamrul profile image81
    mjkamrulposted 22 months ago

Hello hubbers,

I've more than 30 featured hubs but I was inactive for some months for an emergence and now I notice most of my hubs are non-featured automatically. What's the reason? Should I edit them and republish again? If that's the case, what'll be the ranking of the hubs? Can I change any portion or keywords to get them featured? If it's then google will count them newly?

1. jackclee lm profile image71
      jackclee lmposted 22 months ago in reply to this

This is a common phenomenon on HP. Just Edit the hub with any small changes and repub. It will be featured again in a day. It is one of those annoying features of HP.

1. mjkamrul profile image81
        mjkamrulposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thank you. It's really annoying I think.

1. DrMark1961 profile image92
          DrMark1961posted 22 months ago in reply to this

If the hub was unfeatured for lack of traffic, and all you do is change a word or two to get it featured again, down the road it is going to get unfeatured again for lack of traffic.
          The only way to get more traffic is improve the title or make some substansial improvements to the hub.
          It does not matter if you or I find it annoying. The company belongs to HP and they have made this change, which we must now adapt to if we wish to continue writing on this site.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
            Marisa Wrightposted 22 months ago in reply to this

+1

2. Ramkitten2000 profile image93
      Ramkitten2000posted 22 months ago in reply to this

Depends on the type of "unfeaturing."

If you see a half black/half white circle, the hub has been unfeatured for lack of traffic. Search engine traffic, that is, because apparently social media traffic doesn't count when it comes to a hub being featured or not.

If you see a full, empty circle, then the hub has been unfeatured for quality. In that case, it could be any number of things but the generic email you get usually refers to it having "spammy elements." That often means some MTurk person thinks you have too many Amazon capsules and/or products not closely related to the topic of the hub. Or maybe you're promoting a site (link) that isn't closely related. Or maybe you don't have enough text in relation to the number of sales capsules. Have fun figuring it out.

1. Dean Traylor profile image84
        Dean Traylorposted 22 months ago in reply to this

In other words, you have to make a wild guess when it comes to the  un-featured for quality icon? Dang, I've been trying to get one back up and I have no clue what's wrong with it. I think I've revamped it several times in the last hour.

1. Ramkitten2000 profile image93
          Ramkitten2000posted 22 months ago in reply to this

You can email the team at team@hubpages.com and ask for specific feedback.

working