jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Hub Traffic on Niche Related Name vs Generic Name

1. mjkamrul profile image82
    mjkamrulposted 22 months ago

Hello Hubbers,

What's the necessity of niche related hub profile? Does it receive more traffic than a hub page with generic name? For example, If I name a profile "blenderhelp" and the other is my name "mjkamrul" then is there any possibility to get more traffic on "blenderhelp" related URL? I'm not sure If I've been able to clear my topic to all. Thanks

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 22 months ago in reply to this

It doesn't really matter what the user name is. I have another account that gets a lot of traffic and the user name is a name I made up, not related to subject matter on the profile. Other hubbers use made up names or their own names for their profiles and they get good traffic even though the names are not related to subject matter. The more important thing is the titles of Hubs. The titles determine whether those hubs will get traffic.

2. DrMark1961 profile image92
    DrMark1961posted 22 months ago

If that is the reason you want to change your hubber name, it will not do any good at all. With recent changes your hubs are going to appear as hubpages.com in the search engines anyway--your hubber nick will not even be showing up.

3. Marisa Wright profile image96
    Marisa Wrightposted 22 months ago

I think you are confusing the importance of a domain name with the importance of an account name.

When you have a blog or website, it's important to choose a domain name that reflects what your site is about, not just your name, because it appears in the URL of each page.  However on HubPages, your username is not part of the URL, so it's irrelevant.

4. mjkamrul profile image82
    mjkamrulposted 22 months ago

Great! I've nothing to worry about now. Thanks all

1. komal hameed profile image47
      komal hameedposted 22 months ago in reply to this

now check my side hub and tell howz it Thankw

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Start your own thread in the feedback forum.

5. komal hameed profile image47
    komal hameedposted 22 months ago

u Plz Help me How can i use this site

1. Elsie Hagley profile image82
      Elsie Hagleyposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Take a look at this link, click the "Beginners Start Here" button at the top. http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

1. komal hameed profile image47
        komal hameedposted 22 months ago in reply to this

now check my side and tell me howz it ... ?

working