jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How to Delete a Hub? And unpublishing/moving questions

1. Lionrhod profile image82
    Lionrhodposted 2 years ago

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I can't seem to figure out how to delete one of my hubs. It never got published because it showed up as a "duplicate." It was an old article from one of my former websites, and someone plagiarized it. I've since gotten them to take it down, but in the meanwhile have decided to move it to my pagan website rather than use it on HP.

For that matter, I can't seem to find a delete button for my published hubs either!

Also, does "unpublish" delete a hub entirely? I'm scared to touch that button till I know what it does. I want to move a few of my hubs to my website, but I don't want to lose the articles until I've had a chance to copy them, and I DO want to avoid the "duplicate" Google penalties.

2. relache profile image91
    relacheposted 2 years ago

When you look at a published Hub, there are some buttons at the top, but these only show up to authors looking at their own Hubs.

The third one is the delete button you have been looking for.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Another thing you can do is simply erase the contents in addition to deleting the hub.  Also, contact Google and ask them to de index the hub.  This will remove it from indexing if it ever was there.  Over time, it will be de indexed anyhow, but this speeds the process up.

3. Lionrhod profile image82

LOL,so I have to publish it to delete it?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

If the hub is sitting unpublished on the site, there is no reason why you would have to publish it to delete the contents.  Just put it in editing mode and eliminate the contents. What's so funny about doing that?  I was just trying to give you an additional alternative.

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12786536.png

The button is on both published hubs and drafts.

5. Lionrhod profile image82

Thanks everyone. LOL I was looking for a button on the stats page, not on the hub itself.

working