jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Micro Pinterest Run-ups - Anyone else

1. Solaras profile image91
    Solarasposted 21 months ago

I have been experiencing micro viral Pinterest runs on individual hubs. For example one hub that tends to get 45 views a day suddenly has 450 for the day, then it tapers off. I am seeing this with one, then another as one tapers, the next starts.

Is this a bug? There have been bugs like this in the past the exaggerated numbers then they were corrected.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
      Sherry Hewinsposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I did have that happen recently. Only on one hub though.

2. DrMark1961 profile image92
    DrMark1961posted 21 months ago

No bug that I know of. That sudden increase/tapering off sounds more like Facebook. Sometimes a person will like your hub after seeing it on Pinterest, it will go through a FB surge for a few days, but the emails will still come to you that it is being shared on Pinterest.
    Check the Stats section above your hub to let you know where the traffic is coming from. I see your "how long is canine gestation" pin every once in a while when I log on there, so you must be getting some traffic from there.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 21 months ago

That's normal. If a popular pinner puts your hub on their board, it might be seen by many, and if that pinner used an enticing description, the viewers may look at your article and repin the pin so even more people see it.

Pinterest sends emails that recommend certain pins, and if you browse the site, sometimes they will show you the popular pins or recommend pins to you.  If that happens to be one of your hubs that gets pinned, you will see an temporary upsurge - and if the pin takes off and people keep repinning it, the uptick might be more than a day, since those repinners can keep repinning, which causes Pinterest to recommend it more, etc.

4. Solaras profile image91

Thanks guys - I am not very Pinterest savvy. I did recently create three new boards - one on chickens (thanks Dr. Mark), maybe those new boards exposed my boards to a wider audience.

1. DrMark1961 profile image92
      DrMark1961posted 21 months ago in reply to this

I sent you an invite to my new Pinterest board www.doghelpline.net. Let me know if you do not get it and I will send another invite.

Solarasposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I wouldn't know - please send me another and I will look for it!

1. DrMark1961 profile image92
          DrMark1961posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Also, adding a Pinterest button to your web site might help make more sales. (It might be a little late since Christmas is past but if someone sees an item like the spiked dog bowl under a "Cool Dog Stuff" board they are more likely to purchase it.)

Solarasposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Ahhhh - The Bruno bowl - everyone that passes it must test the spikes! I should have Pinterest buttons for everything - that is part of the Volusion package.  But I will test it, because many things don't work as advertised.

5. Solaras profile image91

This little darling makes me want to have chickens to keep in it! Chickens that make blue eggs!

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12801827_f1024.jpg

working