Caloriebee Traffic Down - Anyone else?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (38 posts)
  1. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Anyone else notice a drop in Caloriebee traffic? Rankings have also taken a big hit. From #4 for a term for at least 5 years to #92 since last night. This is the first time it dropped below #5 and until over a year ago it was #2 for a few years.

This is in line with the new June update, so I'm wondering if it's just me or if it's across the site.

2. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

I decided to check SEMRush to see if there has been a hit and Caloriebee took a beating. Down near 50% are the estimates compared to last month. Also, SEMRush updates keyword rankings on it's own timeline, so this drop of 48% is considering that some keywords that are hit are not updated yet, so the drop is a lot more than this estimate. I have also attached a screenshot of dengarden and I would think this update has hit health sites as all the recent updates.

https://hubstatic.com/14552353.png

https://hubstatic.com/14552354.png

Youmemindbody seems to be doing better though. What are the other health based sites?

3. profile image0
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 5 years ago

Thanks for posting this thread lobobrandon.

My DenGarden hubs are down by 50% in the last 24 hours. I assumed it was because they are seasonal, but now I'm guessing it's the Google update.

4. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image95
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 5 years ago

I don't have anything on CalorieBee but my WeHaveKids traffic is BAD. Pretty steady everywhere else though for me.

1. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image95
      Kierstin Gunsbergposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, and I lost rank on my most popular WeHaveKids article. It's irritating because I'm under sites with titles like "LiveLikeYoureRich" which you would think wouldn't really be pregnancy related.

5. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image95

Sorry, I'm posting three times in a row but do you think this looks like an algo update? It is the beginning of the month and we haven't had one (that I've noticed) in a while.

lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Google pre-announced this update. Yes, it began on the 1st of June.

6. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image95

Oh geeze, I totally missed it. Well, my traffic always takes a temporary hit after an update. The only time I didn't fully recover was that Medic Fix last summer.

Yeah, same here. But I track my main keywords using a tool and this is the first time they've dropped from #4 to 90+

1. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image95
        Kierstin Gunsbergposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that doesn't bode well... are you able to share which tool you use?

It's a paid tool. I use serpbook.

7. profile image0
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 5 years ago

Lots of sites are being affected by Google's Core June 2019 update. More details here.  https://searchengineland.com/early-data … ers-317861

8. Butterfly67 profile image89
    Butterfly67posted 5 years ago

Just logged on to see my wehavekids articles have taken a nose dive :-(

On the upside some of my own sites are doing well but I think that is just because of Eid.

9. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

My website appears to be unaffected. I knew there was an advantage to having a no name, obscure website that nobody knows or cares about. big_smile

1. Sherry Hewins profile image87
      Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Same here, nothing from nothing leaves nothing smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Amazingly, the critter does get daily traffic from Google and elsewhere. And I find small presents from AdSense on my back porch every morning. If it's work, it's not worth it; but if it's fun, it is. big_smile

10. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

I noticed a 20 per cent drop a couple of days ago, but Owlcation and Dengarden seem to have held up reasonably well, so I am not suffering that badly.

11. Savio Dawson profile image91
    Savio Dawsonposted 5 years ago

Lol, all my site view updates are showing zero at the moment. That's an issue with updation, I understand. However, google adsense is showing the same number of hits. In fact, there is a 22% increase in views. That said, I am not sure if the adsense views are updated or not. Anyway, hope things are fine! smile

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Congrations on the neologism, lol.

1. Savio Dawson profile image91
        Savio Dawsonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

What's the world worth, if men like me don't come along and give it a new word every now and then...?

On a lighter note!! smile

12. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 5 years ago

Wehavekids traffic decimated [cry].

Same on my pregnancy site. I'm thinking of moving all product pages and pages with affiliate links to a separate site.

Sorry to hear that. Might not be product related but maybe an experiment will help you decide.

2. lobobrandon profile image83

I think it would be worth looking into some top ranking websites and see what they have in common that you do not have. It could even be backlinks from "reputable" sources.

3. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Looks like Google is continuing to ramp up their slaughter of anything even remotely medical that is not written by .gov or well-known medical companies. I threw in the towel on writing anything medical awhile ago for just this reason.

13. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 5 years ago

Yep it's always worth an experiment.

Some good incoming links would be very nice. Why do google's algo's always seem to squeeze out the little guy in favor of sites with massive budgets?! Annoying!

I would think it's because the folk with massive budgets have a lot of paid backlinks from good places, not some crap.

You are vested in the notion that SEO works.

If you want to approach the truth (however reluctantly) I would recommend disindentification.

Good luck with a Google search on that term, by the way, lol. You need to go back to the source...

Sadly, I cannot provide a link. The internet is cr p for anything that matters.

Search Engines are algorithms, figuring out how this algorithm works and using it to your advantage is SEO. If someone thinks SEO does not work they do not know that search engines are built on algorithms or they do not know what an algorithm is.

Disindentification: https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossar … tification

Did we just have a spiritual discussion? Disidentification and all....

I didn't realize I had posted that comment, lol. I was trying to say something about Brandon's faith in offsite SEO, when I thought I had better check that "disidentification" still had the meaning I remembered. Which it didn't.

Anyway, I thought I had given up on the task and hit cancel, but obviously not.

I will award myself ten out of ten for idiocy.

Well, you are not completely wrong.

A Harvard study shows that a random number generator can be influenced to generate the number that a person wants. The trick here is the power of intent.

And not only that but the chances of the intended number increases about 25% (I don't remember the exact numbers) when two people in Love expect the same number to flash.

Nobody knows how it happens. The algorithms should not permit it and yet something inside us is so powerful to override the algo.... As I said, you are not completely wrong... smile

Disidentification - anybody?

Interesting. What is this study called? A link maybe?

Hi Brandon,

The first I read this was in Anthony Robbin's "Awaken the Giant Within". This was 15 years back when I was doing my MBA. Later, as our college had Harvard Business Review access, we saw the actual study. So, that's as far as I remember. However, if you are really interested then you should get that book by Anthony Robbins.

Besides, it is not to say SEO does not work smile, but to mean that the power of intention is so strong that it can override things that we think cannot be done.

Take a look at this video where Deepak Chopra is doing an experiment and showing Oprah Winfrey the power of her mind... That's the closest I could give you today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAbQUO9x_8g

Lastly, disidentification is a very interesting fact, which I personally feel all humans should go through. In fact, your link itself is more than enough. Do read and you will see what Will Apse was saying earlier. smile

14. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

There are around 200 pages on wehavekids with Amazon capsules.

There are around 300 pages on owlcation with same.

Owlcation seems to doing okay.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1280& … hNit4LUwe4

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:ow … mp;bih=579

15. Shesabutterfly profile image98
    Shesabutterflyposted 5 years ago

Just logging in now after being gone for several weeks. I don't have anything on Caloriebee, but all my articles have taken major hits. Worse being wehavekids and Owlcation. My top article (Owlcation) lost over 400 daily views. Whether that is just today or has been like this for weeks I don't know. I'm assuming for awhile since there is no blue arrow.

My traffic has dropped 10% just this week alone. My traffic has been dropping every week since March. I haven't recovered at all. I'm down over 30% so far, from where I started the year at.

Yeah. Susana said the same about wehavekids.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)