jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

HubGaze . com

1. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 20 months ago

I just had the magic red copyright symbol appear, for an article that has been copied onto HubGaze . com. This domain looks like it's nothing but content scraped from HubPages.

Fortunately, their web host is Go Daddy, and their copyright complaint form is easy to find and fill out. For anyone who needs it, the form link is in the copyright claims section of this page: https://www.godaddy.com/agreements/show … DMARK_COPY

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 20 months ago in reply to this

Maybe I went to the wrong site, but it looks like a Blogger blog. Maybe they got their domain name from GoDaddy. At any rate, possibly notifying their domain name registrar will work.

Weird site, they even have a Facebook page. Again, that is if I have the right site.

Also, they use Adsense ads, so that would be another place to report them.

1. lisavollrath profile image93
        lisavollrathposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Good points. I think it is a Blogger site, because I'm showing up as logged in with my Google address when I visit. I'll go ahead and do some Google filing this afternoon, to cover all the bases.

2. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 20 months ago in reply to this

GoDaddy will take down the entire site if you report them, not just your stolen content, so please do report them as scrapers.

I got a whole Japanese site removed like that once, after it had scraped hundreds of Hubs.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 20 months ago in reply to this

I've got several sites taken down by GoDaddy, they are pretty unforgiving!

This particular blog is on blogger so reporting them to Google should get it closed down if enough people complain.

2. lisavollrath profile image93

Thanks, everyone. I reported the site to Go Daddy, Google/Blogger, and AdSense.

3. lisavollrath profile image93

...and now, it's been removed. smile

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 20 months ago in reply to this

+1

4. profile image0
    Bronwyn Joy Ellioposted 20 months ago

To quote the big man, Woohoo!

working