Crossed the Half-Million Views Mark on HubPages & Didn't Even Notice!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Kylyssa profile image91
    Kylyssaposted 8 years ago

It's taken a long time, but the views have slowly, but steadily, added up and I crossed the half-million mark at the end of last month.

Anyway, I passed this milestone unaware of it. I mostly look at the daily and weekly views and try to analyze where views right now are coming from and try to figure out how to encourage more views from those sources on other hubs. Since that total views ever statistic never actually worked on Squidoo, I guess it trained me to never even bother looking at it. But I looked today after reading a thread from another hubber about crossing a milestone over 100,000 views but under a million.

Wouldn't it be cool if we got some kind of notification at say, a quarter million and a half million views as well as at a million? It took me over a year to reach a half million views, actually it took about a year after reaching 100,000 views to get there. That's slow going and it's likely it will take another entire year before I reach the million point. Two years is a pretty long time to go without getting some little encouragement like a reminder of how far one has come since joining.

It would be nice to get maybe just a little notification like the form emails we get for a HOTD or Editor's Choice when we cross view milestones or hub milestones. I'm aware that HubPages doesn't have the money or staff to make little changes like that (and they should invest in a photo capsule that can be tacked to a text capsule way before spending money on trivial things like this) but just call it wishful thinking.

Go check your Hub Statistics page! You might be further along than you thought.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

For such a short time writing here, especially since a number of your hubs are in highly saturated areas, that is really fantastic.  Good job!

Kylyssaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I have to ask, which topics do I write about that are highly saturated? Not that I'd necessarily give up on writing in them, but it might be better for HubPages if I stop putting them here.

Most of my views come from craft topics, homelessness issues, pet care, Asperger's, and atheism-related hubs.

1. sallybea profile image94
          sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Kylyssa, that is an amazing achievement.  You are definitely a 'winner' in my book.

Very well done!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Craft topics and pet care are very highly saturated areas.  I'm surprised to see that those are bringing in so many views for you.  That's great...you must be approaching your topics in very original ways in order to make that happen.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. I'm actually blown away by it. I truly was unaware of the saturation level on crafts and pet care.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image91
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Very well done, Kylyssa!

3. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on reaching a new milestone. I agree HP could do more to promote them.

4. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Fantastic effort Kylyssa.  You are obviously getting some great enjoyment for being on HubPages.  Congratulations.

5. Say Yes To Life profile image80
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's amazing - especially since you've been here only 17 months!  Congratulations!

6. emge profile image79
      emgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well done , this is a great achievement?

7. profile image0
      Diana Abrahamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Fantastic news..keep on what  you are doing!

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 8 years ago

Thats wonderful news and it's great when you find it out by surprise!

3. ILoveLegosToo profile image84
    ILoveLegosTooposted 8 years ago

Well done Kylyssa.  I've been following you for a number of years and it is a very well deserved accomplishment.

4. aesta1 profile image91
    aesta1posted 8 years ago

Congratulations. That is a milestone some of us only dream about. I am so happy for you.

5. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 8 years ago

Congratulations, Kylyssa. That is fantastic! Those are amazing stats for just two years. I wish you millions more views. smile
    Edit: Oops! Under two years. Wow.

6. Chriswillman90 profile image90
    Chriswillman90posted 8 years ago

I think there should be some sort of midpoint recognition because a half-million views is nothing to sneeze at (pure fantasy for many writers like myself). Anyway congratulations on your achievement and writing talents!

7. Kylyssa profile image91
    Kylyssaposted 8 years ago

Thanks to all for all of your kind words and congratulations.

8. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 8 years ago

I looked at your spotlighted page on the Money Rose.  It is a perfect example of a nice clear fun and informative how-to.  Nicely done!  No wonder you are getting some views if that's your standard.

Thank you for your very kind remarks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)