Half a million views and counting

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Patkay profile image89
    Patkayposted 11 years ago

I am soo happy, I have reached 500,000 views. I am aiming for 1 million before the end of the year. How many views do you have and what are your expectations? Tips on how to drive more traffic and increase the $$$$$ are also welcome.

1. ivanmarginal profile image61
      ivanmarginalposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. With 500,000 views, how much have you cashed out, Patkay?

Patkayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

At least nowadays I get payout every month. I relly on HP Ad Program. I have not cashed out that much but is something above 500 $.

That's great!

Thanks but I want to make more than that.

How long does it take to make your first payment and how much you earn monthly?

It took me around 7 months to reach my first payout. My earnings vary between $ 50 - 70. But there is a time I had a good month with a cool $100.

Thanks, you always inspire me.

Wow great to know that I inspire you. Thanks and keep writing.

2. PegCole17 profile image94
                  PegCole17posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hello Patkay and congratulations on hitting the half million views mark. I still believe there ought to be a milestone marker between 100,000 and 1,000,000 views. Some people don't care but I do! And it is a long long wait in between.

Glad to hear you're making money. My views are slowly inching upward from the 100,000 mark. It is around 133,000 at this point and I'm noticing that most views are coming from Google, Ask and Bing now rather than internally. YEA!

Yes, I'm getting a small payout from the HP ad program. Still waiting on the Google Adsense since I have yet to reach the $100 mark. (I'm at $97 now so maybe a couple of more years. LOL)

smile

PegCole17, a couple of years before you catch up with the  3 dollars to make a payout ... I wish google adsense was much better than this. I am glad that HP came up with their HP ads otherwise I would still be waiting for my first payout.

I can see you are also doing great and I agree with you that we need an accolade in between problably at 500,000. Thanks for your visit.

2. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Congratulations, Paykay!

Isn't it wonderful when you finally reach that tipping point and begin to see significant traffic?? I'm so happy for you. big_smile

Sure Simone Smith, it is a wonderful thing. I recall when I started writing at HP I was wondering if anyone would bother reading my articles. HP has taught me a lot, I enjoy being here, thanks to the HP team and everyone else who have made it happen.

3. Sana Ratio profile image61
    Sana Ratioposted 11 years ago

Good to know, congrats for this achievement. I am new but I want to earn money through my hubs, I've just about 200 views and no money sad

Sana Ratio, keep on writing, money will start coming once your daily traffic increases. Thanks for your time.

1. Sana Ratio profile image61
        Sana Ratioposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Patkay,

But, have you seen my hub profile score, it's only 8 now. I don't know how to increase this score buy I'm trying my best.

The hubscore should not worry you much. The most important thing is to provide high quality articles.

1. Sana Ratio profile image61
            Sana Ratioposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank You Patkay!

4. troy0619 profile image61
    troy0619posted 11 years ago

Hey way to go, how about recomending Clickbank products or a webpage in where you are recomending a Clickbank, CJ or Amazon product?!

Hi thanks troy0619, I have not used both clickbank and amazon products, not that I do not like them but because I do not know how to go about it.

1. troy0619 profile image61
        troy0619posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh my God you could be right now making thousands of dollars with that sort of high volume visits. Just do what I do. Here are my steps. Let me know if you need any help. http://troy0619.hubpages.com/hub/Clickb … aking-tips

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can't use Clickbank on HP, they banned it ages ago.

1. troy0619 profile image61
            troy0619posted 11 years agoin reply to this

No but you can still add a link to a webpage in where you are selling or recomending a clickbank product smile

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
              mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

True although it is important to be careful because according to the FAQ's section, hubs written purely as a teaser to get a reader to go to another site are against the rules smile

2. Patkay profile image89

troy0619, I will check what there is.

5. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 11 years ago

Well done Patkay. That is a great achievement. I think 500,000 deserves an accolade.

Thanks seanorjohn. I concur with your views about an accolade. Imagine from 100k to 1m. It is a long journey.

6. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 11 years ago

Awesome!  Congratulations in reaching 500,000 views, Patkay.  I'm happy for you.  Here's to more traffic your way... Cheers!  smile

Rosie2010 good to see you here. Thanks a lot for your support.

7. grand old lady profile image84
    grand old ladyposted 11 years ago

Congratulations Patkay, you have resurrected my hope in the possibility of getting some extra income from Hub Pages. Nice of you to share such inspiring information:)

It is true grand old lady that there is money from HP. The only trick is you keep writing. Thanks for your visit.

8. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

Congratulations, Patkay on your great progress. That is wonderful. I'm approaching 8,800 views after about five months on hp. My goal is to reach 10,000 in a couple months and see first payout in May.  Keep up the excellent work, very cool cool

janshares, I can also see you are doing great. You will get more views and very soon you will get your payout. Thanks.

9. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years ago

Well done PatKay, milestones like this do make writing so much more enjoyable smile

I agree with you mistyhorizon2003. It makes one see that you are doing something. Thanks.

10. Emmanuel Kariuki profile image90
    Emmanuel Kariukiposted 11 years ago

Congratulations Patkay. Allow me to put you on my list of Role Models. My hopes have received a 'shot in the arm' and my vision now sees light at the end of the tunnel. Keep it up (and especially your knack for inspiring).

Emmanuel Kariuki, what do I say? I am honoured to be put in your list of Role Models. Thanks and remember to keep writing (no giving up), that is the only trick.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)