jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Good Social Bookmarking Opinions

1. TCaro profile image86
    TCaroposted 20 months ago

Is social bookmarking still a decent way to drive traffic to a Hub? Are there any valuable social bookmarking sites worth submitting Hub URLs?

1. paradigmsearch profile image83
      paradigmsearchposted 20 months ago in reply to this

NateB11 is dead bang right. It do pay to have purdy pics on your hub that you then pin to Pinterest. If the hub title is also enticing, then they do click through to your hub.

Marisa is also Wright (sorry, couldn't pass that one up). My Twitter, FB, and G+ Hub shares are supremely ignored by all. But I do it anyway, because I think the search engines do indeed  notice and tally it; every little bit helps.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
        Marisa Wrightposted 20 months ago in reply to this

I wouldn't call Twitter, FB or G+ "bookmarking" sites.  But you are right, unless you have a big following on those sites, putting links there will do very little. 

Pinterest is a good one, I suppose you could say it's the modern equivalent to a bookmarking site.

1. paradigmsearch profile image83
          paradigmsearchposted 20 months ago in reply to this

I actually used Blogger to create my own bookmarking site. 10X better than anything else out there. I even wrote an article on how to do it. Unfortunately, Google apparently doesn't want anyone else to know how to do that.

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 20 months ago

No.  A very old idea.

3. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 20 months ago

Social bookmarking isn't very effective but I'd say Pinterest can bring in some traffic. Something about the way Pins are shared creates an ongoing stream from Pinterest.

4. makingamark profile image68
    makingamarkposted 20 months ago

Slight diversion on the topic of bookmarking sites - I actually used Squidoo as a bookmarking site - and then my lenses transferred to HubPages and HubPages decided it didn't want more than two bookmarks to one domain.

Big mistake in my opinion as it totally rules out all of us who used lens/hubs as big bookmarks for very specific topics

(PS Google never ever had any problem with my lenses with more than two links to the same domain - just as it doesn't now I've moved hubs to new mega topic websites - the traffic is still climbing!)

working