jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Amazon Ads on Mobile

1. Jesse Drzal profile image97
    Jesse Drzalposted 2 years ago

I noticed recently that Amazon ads on mobile look really stretched out and blocky. They take up a lot of room and just look out of place. Can I reformat the size of them somehow under edit function or something? I am really just considering taking some of them out.

1. Will Apse profile image92
      Will Apseposted 2 years agoin reply to this

They look fine on an iPad and a Samsung smartphone. They were also one of the first items to load on the iPad.

Jesse Drzalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Just me then I guess. Thanks, Will.

2. Will Apse profile image92
    Will Apseposted 2 years ago

I will be honest, I never use mobile for the web, so I have no idea what might have been the issue for you.

3. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

They are awful on a mobile phone. They are distracting and make a reader not want to scroll through to see the article. Sometimes you have to click them away or get rid of a video ad. I don't think there's anything we can do about it. This has come up in the past around the time formatting switched to mobile-friendly. Not very "friendly" to readers, more irritating.

Ok so you have seen it too, janshares!

1. janshares profile image96
        jansharesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yup.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image97

janshares, I actually just tried some new ads..looks way better. Possibly give that a try.

1. janshares profile image96
        jansharesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Cool beans, thanks. I actually was referring to the ads over which I have no control. I have very few Amazon ads on my hubs.

Gotcha

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 2 years ago

You can't do anything about that. I don't even own a mobile device myself, but I'd imagine there are issues there. I'm sure the 'team' is looking at that stuff though, thinking about it all - as there are forever more and more people doing everything on some sort of mobile device.

5. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 2 years ago

I just checked my hub with the most amazon products and it looks really good to be honest. I tried landscape and portrait views. Sony Xperia Z here.

6. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 2 years ago

Maybe they look bad when you have two in a row or something? Mine had text in between each so, they seemed fine.

Might be the particular ads, lobobrandon. They just look real overstretched and blocky. I think my placements are fair, I am using very minimal and keeping them closely related to text as well. Ohh well. I'm not going to worry about it.

working