jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (14 posts)

Referral program

1. profile image67
    samiagamieposted 19 months ago

I got confused about how can I attached a tracker to my hubs because I don't even have share buttons on my hubs . any help please?

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 19 months ago in reply to this

If your referral tracker is for example "asdf1234" then the url with your tracker looks like

http:/ /hubpages.com/_asdf1234/whatevercategory/title-of-article

1. profile image67
        samiagamieposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Thanks a bunch, I tried it and it actually works . Thanks again

1. Barbara Kay profile image87
          Barbara Kayposted 19 months ago in reply to this

We no longer earn money for referring articles anyways. I just read a question about it.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
            Christy Kirwanposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I think samiagamie means the Referral Program where you can refer new users to HubPages and get 10% of their earnings in perpetuity. Referral Traffic is the only thing we have discontinued. Not the Author Referral Program. smile

1. cmoneyspinner1tf profile image85
              cmoneyspinner1tfposted 18 months ago in reply to this

OK.  This answers my question about Bellatora and "Link to this Page".  So all of my links that I shared of other HUBs which included my referral trackers that referred visitors to "come and see" are now useless and won't earn me any income.  Is my understanding correct? Yes?

Christy Kirwanposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Yes, with your referral tracker you can only earn from referring new authors who sign up and write Hubs

2. profile image67

Yes Christy this is what i meant . but are we no longer doing that Barbra Kay??

Everything in the Learning Center article I shared is still current. smile

2. Christy Kirwan profile image

Hi samiagamie,

You can find the details on how to use the Referral Program here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/referral-program

1. profile image67

Thanks Christy, this is a good article . I appreciate it

2. cmoneyspinner1tf profile image85

Went to the Learning Center.  So I was using the Referral Program right all along.  I was using the referral trackers OFF of HUBPages for sending visitors to the HUBs.  Does that 3rd paragraph in the tutorial need to be updated?  It says "... you can receive a percentage of the total impressions just by sending visitors to Hubs - no Hubbing necessary."  Meaning?  If a person just wants to read the HUB and they came via a HUB you directed them to, that's OK!  Yes?

Christy Kirwanposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I have just updated this entry to remove references of the traffic referral program. The rest should be up to date. smile

1. cmoneyspinner1tf profile image85

Oh OK.  I was wondering.  Thanks.  smile

working