jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Switch HP Ad Program to click-based?

1. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 21 months ago

View-based just not worth it anymore?

Let's have a rousing debate this weekend, then Staff will have something worthwhile to read come Monday.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 21 months agoin reply to this

It's definitely something I think about. I've considered a sock puppet account running adsense. I think the pay for the HP adverts will rise though, as will the traffic. The site exists to make money, and the team was hired to ensure that happens - Paul is really a bigshot in this business, and he's already got a plan for a return to glory.

Regardless, I know I'm not about to host or design any website, it's the best I can do to do what I'm already doing; and hopefully, do more and better at that.

paradigmsearchposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Best case scenario would be to give us the ability to choose views vs clicks when activating. Then we could stay with HP Ads and stop giving away who knows how much in earnings to the no-share ads.

2. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 21 months ago

Well, if they did that, I'm certain I'd never make payout. There's a reason they changed the system. I'm thinking you're being facetious.

Actually and for the first time ever, I now make more when I switch to straight AdSense; and that's even with the new no-share ads HP has put on our hubs where HP gets 100% of the earnings 100% of the time.

1. NateB11 profile image94
        NateB11posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Maybe I should switch to Adsense and see what happens. Adsense is such a slow earner for me everywhere else, I figured it would be so here too.

2. Barbara Kay profile image89
        Barbara Kayposted 21 months agoin reply to this

I hadn't heard that before. I thought there were already other ads we don't earn from. Are they still on our hubs?

Instead of "new", I should have said "last". I tried to find the link to the last ad layout change, but after HP's last change to the search function, I haven't been always able to find things anymore. Maybe someone else knows it.

3. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 21 months ago

Thought I'd poke this thread with a stick again, I still think the click idea has merit.

working