jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Best Ever Baklava

1. Trudy Hanley profile image82
    Trudy Hanleyposted 19 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Best Ever Baklava (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 19 months agoin reply to this

It's a good hub - you've used appropriate photos and told your reader about your personal experiences with the recipe. Everything is nice and detailed.

Your problem is too many sales capsules. Reduce them to one and it'll be approved.

Also make sure the images are yours, or are published under a Creative Commons license.

HTH

Trudy Hanleyposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I have tried to follow the advice that I have been given to improve my Hub. I hope it is better now:)
        Thank you for helping, it is greatly appreciated.

2. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 19 months ago

You repeat the word baklava way too much in the hub to the point it sounds like keyword stuffing and not natural. This probably wasn't your intent, but the repetitive use of that word is not top-quality writing.  Reword or consolidate some of your thoughts so that you can use that word less.  It's just too much.  I counted 15 uses of the word "baklava" in just the title/introduction before you even started to get to the point of the recipe.

As I stated before this was a squidoo lens. At the time that I first started to write this, I was under the impression that you can be found more easily if you use keywords more often.  Not sure if all of them were intentional, but I guess I may have thought it won't hurt?? Thank you for bringing that to my attention.  I will work on that!

3. firstcookbooklady profile image82
    firstcookbookladyposted 19 months ago

yeah, call it yummy stuff instead... does that even matter?

4. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 19 months ago

It does matter, when you use a word too many times Google sees it as "keyword stuffing" and will penalize the piece.  Not to mention, it just doesn't "sound" right as you read.  If something appears to be keyword stuffed it can affect the quality rating and it could be part of the reason (in addition to the other things mentioned by raggededge) that it may not be passing QAP.

Thank you.  I have taken your advice.  I hope I have improved my Hub.
      Now I am not sure how to alert the moderator to re-examine my work.

1. ChristinS profile image94
        ChristinSposted 19 months agoin reply to this

as soon as you hit publish it should go through the QAP again smile good luck! I love baklava so I'll have to try your recipe.

working