jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

How to do promotion for Amazon?

1. erinhtp profile image60
    erinhtpposted 19 months ago

I’m puzzled I was told that Hubpages - Another great Free way to build sites promoting Amazon. But according to terms here promotion is not allowed. Can I strat a hub to introdece my product and put link included?

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I am guessing you got 'another great Free way to build sites promoting Amazon' from hxxps://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/what-is-the-best-way-to-promote-amazon-products.2341576/

This is a discussion from 2011. Stuff changes fast. Also you cannot trust anything you read in a forum. Or pretty much anywhere else if it concerns 'making money online'.

1. erinhtp profile image60
        erinhtpposted 19 months agoin reply to this

But all forums have this similar terms that advertisement not allowed, the same to the the link you supplied, right?

1. Marisa Wright profile image96
          Marisa Wrightposted 19 months agoin reply to this

You cannot build a site here.  All you can do is write individual magazine-style articles, called Hubs.

The forum post you read was written in 2011 when we were allowed to include lots of Amazon products in each Hub.  The rules have changed and now, you can put only one or two Amazon products in each Hub.  That is not enough to make money from. 

If you want to build a site promoting Amazon, you need to start your own blog.  If you sign up with a hosting company and install Wordpress software, you can buy a plugin that will put Amazon products in your posts.

2. erinhtp profile image60

It seems that two links in one hub is allowed and no limit for hubs. I can publish more hubs with two links each, this is allowed. Is this right? Any words of wisdom here?

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Why not try writing a page and see how it goes.

2. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Yes.  Write a minimum of 1,000 of near perfect grammar and spelling in every informative and useful hub you do.  Don't shortcut it and don't add fluff.  Write for the reader, not for Amazon and not for the purpose of selling something.

But before you write the first word, study the learning center thoroughly.  I'd guess you're in for some major shocks.

3. erinhtp profile image60

Is it free if I set up Amazon Account on HubPages?

working