jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Niche Sites Mean That We Can Write About All Our Interests?

1. cclitgirl profile image95
    cclitgirlposted 17 months ago

Hi,
    I haven't been that active at HP in awhile. But, I'm wanting to get back into writing hubs.

I typically have a wide range of interests. Can we continue to write about our interests/expertise knowing that they might make it to the niche sites?

Or, is it better to just focus on one niche within your hubs?

I ask because I tend to get bored writing about one thing....

1. Solaras profile image91
      Solarasposted 17 months agoin reply to this

The individual niches are gone now that the sub-domains have been removed. You are free to write on any topic, and hopefully it will find a home on one of the new niche sites!

2. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 17 months agoin reply to this

I think now that the niche sites are being put into place, there's an even better opportunity than before to write on all of our various interests. Now we are going to have our work on sites that focus on specific subjects, which is better in terms of having a presence in the search engines. But we can write all of that from one central location.

1. Solaras profile image91
        Solarasposted 17 months agoin reply to this

+1

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Hi cclitgirl,

Please feel free to continue writing about all the subjects you love and have experience with as always. smile

cclitgirlposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Aww, Christy, thank you! I appreciate your feedback. Have a wonderful day!

2. billybuc profile image84
    billybucposted 17 months ago

I really haven't paid much attention to the HP changes, Lil Sis!  I just continue to write about the things I love to write about.  HP has designated a couple of them for special niches and that's fine...whatever....I'm just here to write.

cclitgirlposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Well, hi there, BB! Nice to see ya! I think that's fine advice. And a good idea! I love lots of different things, so why couldn't/should I write about them?

And I was thinking at breakfast this morning: it's a way to make all your interests relevant. Writing here and on my own site means I get to indulge ALL my interests and not get bored. smile

Hope you're well this Saturday morning.

1. billybuc profile image84
        billybucposted 17 months agoin reply to this

It's a good day to be alive in my world...the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and I'm just about to go out and build something.  Have a great Saturday, Sis!

1. sallybea profile image97
          sallybeaposted 17 months agoin reply to this

It sure is Billy and so nice to see you here.  Hope you and yours have a terrific week-end.

3. Rchrdsnc profile image82
    Rchrdsncposted 17 months ago

I would go with whatever works.  It's not easy to keep up your writing with ideas and articles.

working