jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: New Customers Please

1. pdebraux profile image43
    pdebrauxposted 18 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub New Customers Please (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. FatFreddysCat profile image100
      FatFreddysCatposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Just a wild guess, but the large # of outgoing links may be a red flag.

pdebrauxposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Thanks FatFreddysCat.
        I'll have to look into that.

2. robredman profile image53
      robredmanposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Most probably the external links...

Cheers robredman.
        That might just be the problem.

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image90
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 18 months ago

I'm going to agree with everyone here, and say the biggest issue is all the links.  The key is to keep someone engaged with your content, not going somewhere else.  Now, if you added a relevant link capsule to a site related to what you are writing about, that would be different.  Also, the title doesn't say much.  Maybe rework the title to say something more about what the article is about.  I would also build on the content a little more, expand on some of the ideas, add in some more content, or another text capsule or two.

Thanks Anna Marie!
      I normally include plenty of links whenever I blog, I like to allow for further reading because I simply can't cover everything in one article.
      Maybe that's not the right strategy for this platform. But I'll address your other points as well.

1. theraggededge profile image100
        theraggededgeposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Trouble is, HP is not a blogging site. It's for stand-alone, self-contained articles. You can make your hub longer to include the rest of the info.

Thank you theraggededge. I've got a lot to learn.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
        Marisa Wrightposted 18 months agoin reply to this

You're right, lots of external links are not appropriate for this platform.   Your Hub is more like a blog post which is curating information from several different sources - not what HubPages is looking for.  Your Hub needs to offer solid information in its own right.   Links are fine if they offer extra information but the Hub also needs to stand alone.

Thanks Marisa. I'll be looking to make it a stand alone post so it doesn't divert traffic away from the site.

working