jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Most common myths about weight loss

1. Sam Dreiberg profile image81
    Sam Dreibergposted 16 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Most common myths about weight loss (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Say Yes To Life profile image82
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Rather than letting links and images do all the talking for you, you need to explain these myths and how you debunk them.  For example, when you talk about carbs, tell about how their calories are burned first and then whatever is left over is stored as fat, while fat calories are stored first, then burned.  Protein is for building and replacing depleted muscle and other tissues.

Doing this will also make your hub longer, which is a good idea.

Sam Dreibergposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your review. I will try and make the hub longer.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 16 months ago

I suggest running a spell check, I saw some typos.  Your first image is pixelated.  You should credit the graphics and ensure they are free to share.

Overall I think you support as many myths as you debunk.  You say low carb ketonic diets don't work and high protein ones do--these are generally the very same diets ("Atkins").  You say obesity is not inherited but do not mention that many factors influencing weight are inherited (which does not mean you can't overcome them)--and that for a small minority obesity is part of an inherited condition like Prader-Willi syndrome.

Instead of picking one or two studies it would be more helpful to say what the literature overall is saying.  You can find a single study to support just about any position.

Sam Dreibergposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your review. I will try to incorporate your suggestions.

working