jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

How to Get the Correct Topic Above the Title of Your Hub

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
    Jean Bakulaposted 10 months ago

I have a belief in reincarnation, I wrote a fictional hub about two lovers, who part in this life. But they felt they had been together before. They break up and make up, and finally realize they can't make it work. But they really loved each other, and knew they loved before. The woman has a psychic vision, about 37 years later. He comes back to her and they finally understand what was happening, and talk it through and admit the love.

But I don't understand how to get the right topics on the hub. It would be Fiction, Reincarnation, Psychic Visions and Love. If I had to drop one of those, it would be hard, the Love part is the draw.

But I always end up starting with Religion and Philosophy, even with my Astrology hubs. This one is important to me. It was my first fiction piece, (although based on some of  my own experiences) and many liked it. How can I get it in the right categories? It shouldn't be in Religion and Philosophy, and when I begin there, it ends up sounding like an episode of the X files.

I never really understood how to get the right categories. I know the topic tree, but when we begin the hub and search, the search seems so limited. Can anyone help me fix it and tell me how? It's not my only hub that's in the wrong category. Thanks.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 10 months agoin reply to this

I think I'd put it in fiction. I think the title is really more important to help get it found by readers.

1. kenneth avery profile image82
        kenneth averyposted 10 months agoin reply to this

@Jean, I agree with Sherry. And to show how lacking that I am in your topic, if you stated a foundational belief about reincarnation as it relates to worship, etc., then it would be under Religion, but since your work is on a theoretical basis, then fiction would be right.
        I hope that I have helped and not angered.
        Merry CHRISTmas to you and Sherry both.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 months ago

If you're writing a short story then it HAS to be in Books, Literature and Writing -- Commercial and Creative Writing -- Short Stories.  Otherwise it's likely to get unFeatured.   There are no sub-categories under that category.  I agree with Sherry that the title is what matters.

The other categories are strictly for factual Hubs.

Jean Bakulaposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Everyone,
      I'll do as you said Marisa. It's the next hub I want to used for my allotment to ask to be moved.

1. kenneth avery profile image82
        kenneth averyposted 10 months agoin reply to this

@ Jean, I am so sorry that I could not help you more. Please have a Very Merry CHRISTmas you and yours.

Kenneth,
          All the suggestions were good, all what I was trying to figure out.

I hope you are doing well and wish you and your family all the best during the Christmas season. I know that sicknesses and losses make it hard; I already just want it all to go away. All we can do is try our best. Hang in there.

XO Jean

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Aha, in that case I guess it would end up in Letterpile because that's where the fiction goes.  Is that what you had in mind?

Categories on HP are inflexible unfortunately

Hi Marisa,
          I had the same thought. Many of the Astrology pieces I wrote, the Venus and Mercury ones, have characters I make up with traits from the sign I was explaining. Two of them are on Letterpile. The one I am thinking of asking to be moved (I can on Dec.10th) is sort of fictional, but elements of it are true, it had to do with a psychic vision I had a few years ago about a first love.

I suspect if they moved it, it would go to Letterpile or even Paired Life, because I knew I had met this person and been with him before. It's so complicated. It's not getting views now, but it was in the beginning, and I believe it is well written. I was told it could be made into a screenplay (even though it broke my heart at the time)!

working