jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)

Seeing a rise in traffic makes me so happy!

1. Sherry Hewins profile image94
    Sherry Hewinsposted 9 months ago

I've been writing hubs for almost 5 years now, and I've seen some ups and downs.

At one point  my traffic went to zero. I became so discouraged that I didn't sign in for six months, but I left my hubs here. When I returned, my traffic had recovered.

Since the niche sites started, I have had about half of my hubs moved. Some hubs that had languished near the bottom took on a new life after the move.

It makes me so happy to see hubs that I always knew were good, finally getting some recognition. I am making a few bucks, but the joy I feel is out of all proportion to the money I make. Just seeing that people are reading my hubs makes me really happy!

1. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 9 months ago in reply to this

@Sherry,
      Your Psychedelic Rock Album(s) hub is still ringing in my memories. Great hub and I am happy that your traffic is on the rise. You worked for it. Congratulations.
      FYI: I am almost finished with the rough draft of MY version of the Psychedelic Rock hub you gave me permission to do, but I am going with Rock Songs, not Albums and I want it to NOT be like yours as to taint the great image that is with your hub. Honest.
      Thanks again and fly higher, my friend.

Sherry Hewinsposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Good for you Kenneth. It was a wonderful era that I love to see celebrated. I've had a few other things that I'm working on, and I have no plan to write another on that subject any time soon. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

@Sherry,
          Thank you, my friend. I cannot wait to see your new materials. As for my Rock Songs offering, I may start the finishing touches on it in two weeks. Tomorrow I have my three-month appointment to be at my pain clinic in Tupelo, Miss. (do you know where that is?) for them to put me to sleep and shoot my lower back with steroids to help ease the continual pain.
          The rain, which I am thankful for, is why my Fibromyalgia and back trouble (bulging disks) act up.
          Anyway. These days, I do more fact-finding/checking along with photo bases with reliable suppliers.
          I did run across a few startling facts about the songs I am going to run.
          Thanks first for being my friend and second, for reading my stuff which is in my opinion, NOT as smooth and interesting as yours. Honest.
          Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours if I do not wish this in the next few days
          Rock on, Sherry!

2. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 9 months ago in reply to this

The niche sites have definitely improved traffic. I don't think my traffic has returned to what it was a couple years ago - when my traffic was at an all-time high - but traffic has been great nonetheless. Can't complain.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 months ago in reply to this

Sherry:  I agree.  For the first time in five years, this summer, thanks to the niche sites, my numbers went off the charts.  I was getting two to three times the per month views than in the past.  It made me feel that finally, the public was reading my work, and it was helping them.  What a great feeling.  Right now, views are much less due to the season, but if they never go that high again, I'll always be grateful to the team for creating a situation that allowed this to happen.  YouGoGirl!

That's wonderful TIMETRAVELER2. Your hubs provide so much useful information. I'm glad people are able to find them.

4. Enoch Kane profile image79
      Enoch Kaneposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I also like to see my quality hubs get a lot of recognition.

2. Michael Kismet profile image88
    Michael Kismetposted 9 months ago

I know exactly how you feel.  I've had my share of doubts, but traffic for me has doubled, and profits have tripled.  I can see now that it's clearly due to the niche sites.  It has even motivated me to write more hubs..and unlike yourself, I'm mostly in it for the moolah.  lol.

Show me the money!!  smile

I'm not saying the money isn't important. That was my main motivation for starting here. It's just that the sums I'm getting are not really enough to affect my lifestyle much. Hopefully, that will change. In the meantime, I have my rising traffic numbers to sustain me!

2. Lipnancy profile image93
      Lipnancyposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Finally, two of you who agree with me. It is for the money. It is so nice to finally be rewarded.

I think we all care about the money.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image92
          Chriswillman90posted 9 months ago in reply to this

Especially if it's a significant amount that does more than get you a few cups of coffee and gas every month. When your hubs have the ability to pay your bills then yes it's a huge plus. Recognition is very important but so are all the perks.

1. Lipnancy profile image93
            Lipnancyposted 9 months ago in reply to this

That has always been my goal,  I just cringe when I see others telling the newbies that they cannot make much money at writing here.

3. profile image84
    Mills Pposted 9 months ago

Sherry: I followed you at Bubblews, and will follow you here. Continued good luck.

4. Paul Kuehn profile image89
    Paul Kuehnposted 9 months ago

I have also been seeing the volume of my traffic at least triple since some of my hubs were moved to niche sites in July.  About one year ago I was making about a third of what I am earning now per month.

That's great to hear Paul. My earnings are also rising along with my traffic. It's so nice to see things going in a positive direction.

@Sherry, I am almost finished with my "Rock Songs" version hub and it took a lot more work than I had counted on, but toward the end of the hub, it took a wonderful turn and began to be fun.

Enough talk. Show me the hub!

working