jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Sona Uncle & The Charm Of Real India

1. ARUN KANTI profile image59
    ARUN KANTIposted 9 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Sona Uncle & The Charm Of Real India. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image85
      SakinaNasir53posted 9 months ago in reply to this

Hi Arun! Welcome to HubPages. ☺
      I agree with Jodah but I would also like to add these few points.

1. Spend your time in the learning center. It will help you make a solid hub. Here is its link : https://hubpageshelp.com

2. Write on subjects that you are genuinely passionate about and what people would search for.

3. Break text under suitable sub heading and bullets and numbering. This will make your hub look neater and easily scannable.

4. Attribute images other than your own. One image isn't enough. Make sure everything you use is in the public domain (copyright free). Some great sites are Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com.

5. Add appropriate videos to your hub. Also, add callout capsules, polls and tables wherever necessary to engage readers.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

ARUN KANTIposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for your apt suggestions.

2. Robert Sacchi profile image88
      Robert Sacchiposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Some typos, you wrote:
      Tribal people swith a companion - should be - Tribal people with a companion
      He seemd - should be - He seemed
      simple,broad - need a space after the comma.

If you have a better quality picture of your uncle by all means use it.  The article should have a picture of your uncle regardless of quality.  If you have other pictures that are related to the story, family pictures, pictures of the area where he lived, etc.  these could help.

You may want to consider changing the title to make the amazon capsule seem more relevant.  A typical problem is what is in the amazon capsule doesn't seem to relate to the title rather than not relating to the article. 

It is probably best not to link back to your home HubPage.  HubPages doesn't like that. If people are seeing the article they also know how to find your HubPage home page.

You may want to consider a table or a quote capsule to mention the proper and/or improper way to greet a perspective bride and/or husband.  Remember you have a worldwide audience.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your wise advice.

1. Robert Sacchi profile image88
          Robert Sacchiposted 9 months ago in reply to this

You're welcome, I hope it helps.

2. Jodah profile image87
    Jodahposted 9 months ago

Arun, the main image of your uncle is fuzzy. HP likes the images in hubs to be of good quality. Also the Amazon capsules are not directly related to the content. You need to remove these if you wish the hub to be featured.

Thank you very much for your wise suggestions.

3. Kingsley Iyoke profile image84
    Kingsley Iyokeposted 9 months ago

Hello Arun, I think Jodah is rght. You have to remove that photo in that hub because of its quality. Also, your amazon capsule doesn't relate to the content of the article. However, try as much as possible to make your hub more engaging in every aspect. Hope that you make some few changes in the hub. Happy Hubbing!

Thank you very much for the apt advice.

working