jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Quality of a hub

1. Zhu YueJiao profile image66
    Zhu YueJiaoposted 8 months ago

Hello,

I'm new to hubpages and I've been trying to post some articles here. But every time I post something it gets shot down by the moderators. My hub doesn't contain obscenity or anything against the regulations. Also I don't know the reason why it gets rejected. The only thing that's ever said in the message to me is "it didn't get a high enough score to be featured". I'm in the bootcamp so I can't get it published if it's not featured.

I found out a rating scale of 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 for a hub but I can't find any rating for the hub that I wrote.

My questions are:
    1)Is there a place where I can find the rating given to my hub ( 2,4, 6, 8, 10) ?
    2) Is there a way to know what mistakes I've made that led to the rejection?

If I could get that rating then I can figure out the problem with my hub.

Thank you for reading smile

1. Rafini profile image89
      Rafiniposted 8 months ago in reply to this

What you could do is post in the Hub Tutorial forums - "I would like feedback on my hub (hub title)" and post a link to that hub.  Then hubbers can view your hub and leave suggestions for you here in the forum.

Zhu YueJiaoposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Ah! Thank you so much! That will help me a lot ^-^

2. peachpurple profile image77
      peachpurpleposted 8 months ago in reply to this

try not to use short forms, abbreviation words such as "yr" for your, don't add external link and use 1 amazon capsule will do, do write 700 words at least

Thank you for the advice. I'll act up on them and improve!

2. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 8 months ago

Hello there,

I had a quick look at your poetry hub. Aside from the poem, the hub looks more like a personal blog post. Remember that HubPages is a magazine site, so even if your interest is in creative writing, you have to make it suitable for general readership.

Secondly, within the hub and your poem, you use textspeak, '"ur'. That is unprofessional and, to my eyes, looks ugly.

It might help to spend some time exploring the Learning Center: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents There are lots of articles there that will help you produce professional articles which are suitable for publication on HP.

Good luck.

Thank you for visiting my profile and taking the time to reply to this thread. The thing is that I've tried to submit 3 hubs and only the poem got featured. The other hubs were about issues in China. The poetry was for my boyfriend so I used a very informal tone and "phone texting" language. In fact I wrote that poem on my phone! I didn't expect it to get published but it was. The one that I took time and effort to write wasn't featured!

Here's the one that I expected to be featured: http://hubpages.com/family/Give-me-love … o-complain

Please read it if you have the time. Thank you so much once again. I appreciate the helpful advice smile

1. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 8 months ago in reply to this

We can't see it via that link. You need to respond to the email telling you it hasn't been approved. It will allow you to post a special link here.

I understand that the poem was for your boyfriend - all I'm saying is that the quality could be improved. HubPages is not a blogging platform. HP is quite lenient with poetry - they are more stringent with other categories.

I understand that. Looks like I've a lot to learn and a long way to go! Thank you so much. I'll give my best the next time ^_^

working