Do you need help with your hub?

1. melbel profile image98
    melbelposted 10 months ago

Dear hubbers needing help passing the QAP process or wanting feedback on your hub:

1.) Please be respectful to those willing to help you. We don't get paid to help you.

2.) Please be receptive to our messages.

3.) If you want help with your hub, please take the help.

4.) Please review the information that HubPages offers in their many helpful guides here:
    https://hubpageshelp.com/

Or read the FAQ.

-----------

Many times I've offered help and really in-depth analysis on how to get a hub through QAP, how to come up with hub ideas, or give a hub a fresh look. Many times I've pointed out grammatical and language issues. Many of other hubbers, more seasoned than I have poured our hearts into helping others here on HubPages. HubPages is a GREAT way to connect like that and even to make friends.

There have been times where users have really taken messages from seasoned hubbers and staff and really have done well with it. However, it seems, most of the time, that hubbers are looking to change a sentence or do something very minimal to just barely slide through QAP.

Sliding through QAP won't get you an income. Even I don't have a real income through HubPages with my nearly 200 hubs.

Please take the advice to heart. Look at your hubs and ask, "Am I authoritative enough on this topic to write about it?"

If five hubbers tell you, "this section just doesn't work on your hub," or "you need to add pictures and liven up your article," perhaps that number is such that it should really be considered.

It's just hard to put work into helping another hubber's work and find, "well my poor grammar is special artistic style" or a defensive or argumentative attitude. It's so rewarding when hubbers are even like, "thank you, I don't have time to do that right now, but I'm REALLY going to consider that."

In short, the more receptive you are to help when you ask for it, the higher chance you will succeed on HubPages. I'm not saying to let other hubbers step on your toes, but do honestly take advice into consideration. This increases the chance that hubbers will help in the future.

This is getting ranty, so I'm going to end on a positive note. There have been some hubbers I've seen in the help section in the past year that really have a good base in their writing. A big part of being a successful writer is improvement.

Any hubber with REAL traffic can tell you, writing has NOTHING to do with quantity. It's all to do with quality, not just in writing, but in formatting, selecting photos, etc.

I wish everyone the best of luck and if you're new here and just getting acquainted, there is a phenomenal amount of information in the help sections that is way more that just "write gud stuff plz." It's stuff that even seasoned hubbers refer to.

Happy 2017!

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Yeah.. listen up, you newbies big_smile

Seriously, Melbel's right. No-one is out to get you.

If you don't want criticism - and sometime it hurts - then don't ask for it. If you are willing to put the work in, then HP can be fertile ground for you. If not, then bugger off big_smile

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 10 months agoin reply to this

All very excellent points. smile

working