jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

2 Questions on Photos...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 8 months ago

1)  Is there a way to view/select one of our photos without being in "Start a Hub" mode?  If so, how?  (If not, that would be a helpful utility.)

2) Is there a quicker way to search for photos without scrolling through every single one of them?  That gets very time consuming, if you want to re-use a photo or two in a new article that is related to a prior one.

Thanks

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 8 months ago in reply to this

When you go to your My Account page, there is a tab called Photos that you can click on to scroll through them. You can put them in albums, that would make them easier to find.

2. jackclee lm profile image70
      jackclee lmposted 8 months ago in reply to this

You can access all your photos by going into my account and click on the photo tab at the top menu bar. You can sort them by newest or oldest.

3. Titia profile image93
      Titiaposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Question 1 I don't know.
      Question 2: At one point I've made a photo album for special hubs and upload the photos I'm using in that particular album. I've also made category albums, for instance for sheep, dogs, cats sunset and so on. I'm still in process of asigning the photos in my photo gallery to their suitable albums. That way I can click in my account on 'photos' and then choose an album to find a particular photo.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Also, if you click on a photo, it will tell you if it is used in a hub, or question, and if so, which one.

5. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Dzy, just now I have got it. Under each photo in the photo gallery of your HP account, you will see the message - Choose an album and write a description message. You click on Choose album line and write the name of an album that you want. Then you click on the 'write a description' portion of the message and write some description that you want to. This description will be used for your Hub when you include that photo in your Hub in future (not for past ones).
      When you create albums like this for all photos, they get grouped in those albums. So, you can view each album's photos whenever you want in future and their descriptions also at one place.
      Now, to view any album, you need to follow these steps.
      First, you will go to your photos page.
      On that page, there is the title "Your Photos". Under that title, you will see
      Show and (in the box), newest or oldest that you can select.
      Parallel to 'Show' you will see photos 'in choose an album' from (all sources or mobile photos).
      Now, click on the part 'in choose an album'. You will find a list of all your albums in the drop-down menu and select the album that you want to visit. Then your selected album will appear showing up all photos of that album.
      If you want to go to another album, you should first click on 'all albums' and then only, you will be allowed to select your other album again from the drop-down menu.
      So, this is the procedure to follow here to organize your photos.
      I have learned all this only because of you. So, Dzy, many many thanks to you for asking this question and thereby enhancing my knowledge.
      Wish you a very Happy New Year and all the best in your life.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 8 months ago

Okay, thanks; I found that.  For some reason, the photos tab was not showing up earlier..??!!  Weird.

Anyway, All the photos seem to be pre-assigned to a very general, and limited number of categories.  I don't see a way to add a new category, as you mentioned, Titia.  Do you mean folders on your own computer?  Or is there a way to make a custom-titled album here?

working