jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Why is my hubber score going down.

1. CatherineGiordano profile image90
    CatherineGiordanoposted 8 months ago

I can't figure it out. My hubber score has been in the 94-96 range for a year or more. Now I notice it seems to be falling. Today, it is 89. If I were to graph it, it would show a downward trend. I know this should not bug me, but I can't figure out the reason for this. Views are up, better than ever, I'm writing more hubs than in the past (most of which go immediately to a vertical site), my average hub score is 83, I'm updating older hubs, I'm participating in forums, and reading and commenting on other hubs more than before, I gaining followers and following others--but my score keeps dropping. I can't think of a single thing that I am doing or not doing to explain this sudden change in the hubber score. Any ideas?

P.S. My best hub in terms of views--it's on a vertical site--has a hub score of 78. It has been as high as 100 in the past. It even has lots of comments. All good ones. Why is this happening?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I have noticed that if I am very active on HP, my score will tend to drop a little. Especially following too many people in a short time-span seems to be detrimental.

When I first came here I figured more activity would be better, but experience has shown me that some activity is good, but that does not mean more is better.

CatherineGiordanoposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Neither me following others or them following me has been excessive--only a couple per week, I'd say.

2. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I'm wondering if the average of all a hubbers scores( total hubber score) is lessened when hubs have been edited and resubmitted. Maybe they are not included at the moment the score is changed.

Hmmm. I have been editing my hubs and sometimes HP edits them to move them. But this has not been happening a lot. The bots did make a lot of editors, but it was 75% in the comments. I have no control over comments.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 8 months ago

The ways of the hubber score are mysterious.  Mine used to be better, but some change in the algorithm or whatever happened, and I have been 80-ish ever since.

Thanks. I guess you are right about a change in the algo because the only thing that has changed with me are good things getting bettter. I have no idea what is pushing my score down.

3. Dean Traylor profile image84
    Dean Traylorposted 8 months ago

In that same boat. I haven't fret over it, much. From what I've gathered most people don't really pay attention to it. In fact, I'm a bit confused why it's being used in the first place.

I know. But I am that Type A personality. I want to excel. Since the scores are so meaningless and seemingly arbitrary, why doesn't HP just abolish them. If you don't know how to improve your score, it doesn't serve as a motivator. It just makes me angry and then I don't feel like writing any new hubs.

1. vocalcoach profile image93
        vocalcoachposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Exactly!  It's difficult to know exactly what a person needs to do to bring their score up.  This has been a thorn in my side for years.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
          Marcy Goodfleischposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I agree. It's especially odd when your traffic increases, but a score drops. Or when you review a few hubs on the hopper (to be a good citizen here), and it drops. Or when you create new content that immediately gets approved and gets views, and it drops.

I agrre mrty. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It sometimes seems totally random.

working