jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

My hubber score is going down drastically, almost 10-15 points!! Is it just me?

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image54
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 3 months ago

My hubber score is going down drastically, almost 10-15 points!! Is it just me?

Every time I log in, the hubber score is decreased by one to two points. I am quite active on the site, reading others work, writing comments and so on. I have edited and updated hubs too in accordance with the constantly changing rules. What’s wrong ??

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 months ago

Questions about how HP works should be posted in the Forums.

This section of the site is for questions that will elicit information and opinions that might lead to the writing of a new article.

ChitrangadaSharanposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Thank you Lisa for your response! Will post in the forums too.

3. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 3 months ago

I saw the same thing with mine only less so.  I did notice a few others drop when they do stuff in answers.
    I have seen a few with 100 scores. And yet Billybuc -- hands down the hottest hubber and voted as such has a 90. You just have to ignore it. It has no bearing on anything.
    If it did they would tell us simply and to the point what it does and how it helps and they do not.
    I hope that is enough opinion to qualify for the Standard set out by Lisa.

Thank you Ericdierker for your response! I think it is happening with few writers only. It has further gone down by 5 more points since I posted this question.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
      bradmasterOCcalposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I agree with Eric. Until someone at hp can articulate, demonstrate, and provide the exact recipe on how these scores are computed they are meaningless.

I would like to see hp eliminate this ambiguous scoring, and create one based on actual metrics

3. lisavollrath profile image96
      lisavollrathposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Eric, it's not my standard. I've taken the time t to read the HP guidelines for what should be posted in the Answers section, and what should go in the Forums. You might want to do the same before throwing any more shade.

4. Ericdierker profile image58
      Ericdierkerposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Fine Lisa. I have always loved folks who say "you can't do that". They remind me of Gates and Edison and Olymipics. Rules are cool. The clerk who says "the computer will not let me do that". God bless 'em.

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image31

Lisa

You have a hubber score of 96 and yet you haven't written One Article or One question in at least 8 weeks.

how does hp justify that while other people write questions and articles and get 60 and 70s.

Now go tell your friends at hp to ban me

6. lisavollrath profile image96
      lisavollrathposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Keep digging those holes, gentlemen.

4. Dana Tate profile image88
    Dana Tateposted 3 months ago

I just logged on after a brief period of not logging on. I was shocked to see mine dropped drastically.

Thank you Dana Tate for answering the question. Yes the number is still going down. 5 points since I posted this question. Thanks!

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 3 months ago

Chitrangada

Just since my comment here this morning, my "score" dropped 10 points. ???

I don't see anything special on those people that have 90 and above, so it is a mystery. The whole hp question area is really low in questions on all the subjects. I don't see ten questions in days, much less in one day.

It is more of a reflection on hp than the users.

Thank You bradmasterOCal for responding to the question!
      Yes it happened with me too—my hubber score has dropped very low and it is still doing so.
      It is disappointing but we are helpless and can’t do anything about it.
      All the best!

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image31

Chitrangada

Mine is still going down, it is more of a reflection on the people that run hub pages than us.

I have found hub pages to be very biased and passive aggressive. They give little to no feedback. They just execute their robots

6. MomsTreasureChest profile image90
    MomsTreasureChestposted 3 months ago

Yes, it seems the more active on the website the more the score goes down.  I think you just have to ignore the score.

Thanks MomsTreasureChest for your response!
      I am fairly active on HubPages and also keep on publishing regularly. Your observation may be right. Thank You!

working