I'd like feedback on my Hub: The 8-Iron Enigma

1. CherylSlayton profile image59
    CherylSlaytonposted 8 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The 8-Iron Enigma (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Hi Cheryl,

The main problem, as I see it, with your hub is that it doesn't actually contain very much information. I thought I was reading something about golf and then I realised you were using it as an example for making an investment decision.

You are competing with other, more authoritative, sites for this kind of information. To make a success of an over-subscribed niche, you must be offering advice that people can't easily find elsewhere. Your bio says you have 5 years of content marketing experience, so I'm sure you know what I mean.

Your title should reflect the content of the article and be search engine friendly. In other words, people need to know what the article is about when they first see the link in search results. While the hub is categorised under 'investing' on HubPages, it won't be on Google. Google will pick up the golfing references first, so your article will be appearing to the wrong readership. Your title is the main chance you have to convert searchers to readers, and thus valuable traffic. It would be a great title for a print magazine but won't work on the web.

You could also add an image near the top of the page.

Hope that helps.

working