jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Google Analytics

1. Anita Hasch profile image81
    Anita Haschposted 7 months ago

Hi, Could somebody plse help. My google analytics account number is the same for hub pages as well as my blogspot.com blogs. Is this correct. The tracking ID will be different? I would like to know where
    Admin is on blogger. I want to get my tracking ID for my blogspot.com blogs, but can't find 'admin'
    Its most probably staring me in the face.
    Instructions are as follows. Go to admin and in the property column, click the menu. Plse advise how to find admin on blogspot.

Anita Haschposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I have sorted this problem out. Know where admin is now.

2. Glenn Stok profile image93
    Glenn Stokposted 7 months ago

Anita, You need a separate Google Analytics ID for each website.

In Google Analytics, click on the ADMIN link near the top and create a new property for your Blogger/Blogspot website. Then under the property column click "Tracking Code" and copy the Tracking ID.

Now go to your Blogger account and click Settings > Other.  Scroll down to the bottom of the other settings page and paste your Google Analytics ID where it says "Analytics Web Property ID". Click "Save Settings" at the top of the page and you're done.

I wrote a hub about using Blogger that you might find helpful as well.

Anita Haschposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Glen, Will try again.  As I understand it you can have only 1 analytics account, starting with UA but each one will have a separate tracking ID?  Is  this wrong? Just want to make sure. Will check out your hub as well.

1. Glenn Stok profile image93
        Glenn Stokposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Yes, you have one Analytics account, and you can add as many properties as you need – one for each of your websites.

Anita Haschposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Glen. I appreciate your help.

working