I need clarification on the rules for submitting hubs to niche sites

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)
  1. OldRoses profile image92
    OldRosesposted 6 years ago

I was under the impression that we could only submit one hub every two weeks for niche sites.  I submitted a hub and an editor replied with changes that I needed to make before it could be moved.  As I'm making those changes, I have received two emails that another two of my hubs are eligible to be moved to Dengarden if I make the suggested changes.  I did not submit them.

Can I make all of the changes requested and submit all three at once or can I only submit them one at a time every two weeks?  Is there a different rule for hubs that are requested for niche sites? 

Thank you!

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

The rule is that you can only volunteer one Hub every two weeks yourself.  However, if you are invited to submit other Hubs, they are in addition to your allowance.

1. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have been mostly inactive for a while.  I have emails recommending specific changes to about 8 hubs, one dating back as far Oct 2016.  But I should be able to revise and submit to network for multiple articles this weekend?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Welcome back!   If you've been invited to resubmit, then you can resubmit them any time - or all at the same time if that's what you want to do.

1. rmcrayne profile image91
          rmcrayneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I submitted an article yesterday that got approved within hours. I had gotten an email on 1/17/17 with suggested revisions for moving it to Delishably.  Before continuing to revise my other 7 articles "invited" by the team with feedback, I decided to submit another article for consideration under the '2 week' rule, to try to take full advantage of options for network moves. It was an old article that I revised, but not IDed by the team. It was denied in a pop-up, saying I could not submit again until Feb 10. Hope that doesn't happen with my invited 7. If so, I might try a strategy another hubber suggested, emailing the team to let them know I revised, vs using the submit button on the hub page. I'll report back.

I suspect that you waited too long to submit that one for revisions, and it had been removed from the editing list.  Because of that, your submission yesterday was treated as a new submission and subject to the two-week rule.

3. OldRoses profile image92
    OldRosesposted 6 years ago

Thanks Marisa!

4. iwrite100 profile image73
    iwrite100posted 6 years ago

@OldRoses, congratulations to you! I hope that all your 3 hubs be moved to niche sites.

@Marisa Wright , may I ask you a question:
    What should I do if I see an error message everytime I attempt to submit one of my hubs to niche sites? Does it mean all my hubs are disqualified that is why I always see an error message?  Thanks in advance.

5. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

@iwrite100, what does the error message say?

1. iwrite100 profile image73
      iwrite100posted 6 years agoin reply to this

This message will appear:

"Hubpages.com says:
      Something went wrong. Please try again. And when you get a chance, you may want to report this issue in the Hubpages forum."

1. Jan Saints profile image88
        Jan Saintsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This error is usually caused by poor internet connection! Try a stronger connection.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

I've had that error message a few times.  It was caused by a pop-up blocker.  Check that you don't have pop-ups blocked.

1. iwrite100 profile image73

Oh, I see.

Thanks a lot, Marisa. Yes, my pop-up blocker is on.

2. iwrite100 profile image73

Thanks a lot, @Marisa Wright. I was able to successfully submit one of my articles . I disabled my pop-up blocker - submitted - then enabled it again.

6. Venkatachari M profile image87
    Venkatachari Mposted 6 years ago

@Old Roses, I think you can submit all three hubs to the niche sites, one by one, as soon as you make the required changes to them. You need not wait for two weeks to do so as they have asked themselves to submit them to the niche sites.
    The Rule of one hub in two weeks applies only to entirely fresh hubs when you are publishing the freshly written hubs to niche sites.

OldRosesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Venkatachari!

7. Sustainable Sue profile image94
    Sustainable Sueposted 6 years ago

The rule of one hub in two weeks applies to any hub you write or edit, UNLESS Hubpages has requested it. Then I've just done the edits they wanted and let them know, without formally submitting. They'll take it themselves.

Note: You don't need to submit new hubs to niche sites. The editors are keeping an eye out for interesting, well written new hubs already. If yours doesn't get picked up within a few weeks, I'd suggest rewriting and formally submitting it then.

Another note: When HP first opened up the niche sites, they went through the hubs of writers they (or the public) had noticed were good writers. They didn't just look at one, they looked at all of them and chose the ones that were already well written for the site, or needed just a few edits.

That doesn't mean the ones they left are not good for a niche site. Sometimes they've already got a good one on the same topic, but most times it means the hub needs more than a little editing (including upgrading photo quality). That includes hubs that don't have a lot of reads. So it's worth it to redo, in my experience.

OldRosesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Here's another thought on how hubs were initially chosen for the niche sites.  My experience is that they chose hubs of mine that were on topics that not many other writers were covering.  On this second pass, they seem to be choosing hubs of mine that meet SEO requirements for keywards that they have targeted.

Almost all of my new hubs are being moved to niche sites.  The few that haven't been moved, I received an email telling me why and what i can do to make them eligible to be moved.

When they set up the niche sites initially, they chose Hubs based on the amount of Google traffic they received.  It was that simple.  It would've taken too long to identify Hubs any other way.  They paid no attention to who wrote them or duplication of topics for that first run.

When you consider the whole point of the niche sites was to please Google, it made sense to choose Hubs that Google already liked and sent traffic to.   Based on the traffic stats, they moved the top 20% of Hubs - which, amazingly, accounted for 80% of HubPages' traffic!

They then looked at the results, and moved a few extra Hubs where they felt there were gaps in coverage on some of the niche sites.

Since then, they've been working through the remaining Hubs on HubPages, to identify Hubs which are good quality but weren't getting Google traffic for other reasons - perhaps they have poor SEO, or they are just on subjects that aren't searched very often.  They've also been vetting every new Hub to see if it's suitable.

1. anusha15 profile image83
          anusha15posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think you have an astute observation. I agree with you, most of the hubs moved were already getting substantial traffic. Because of your inputs, this discussion was indeed an interesting read, very informative too. Thanks a lot.

8. TessSchlesinger profile image61
    TessSchlesingerposted 6 years ago

Very interesting.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)