jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (13 posts)

Negative Amazon Balance

1. Jonathan Wylie profile image94
    Jonathan Wylieposted 7 months ago

So, I have a negative Amazon balance this month. Is that because someone returned something? Another reason? It was almost $20 so it is not an insignificant amount given my usual monthly earnings here.

1. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 7 months ago in reply to this

You are exactly right. The negative balance in your Amazon earnings is because of a returned item.

1. Jonathan Wylie profile image94
        Jonathan Wylieposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Thanks. Makes sense.

2. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 7 months ago in reply to this

If you don't pay up, Amazon will seize your assets. And Amazon is not gentle.

edit: that is completely untrue.

1. Solaras profile image90
        Solarasposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Actually, if you are a seller on Amazon, they can seize your assets. Part of your agreement gives them access to withdrawal of any funds from your bank account that they deem required to cover a debt or potential debt incurred by your sales returns from your account.

1. Will Apse profile image88

Thanks, I learned something. Corporations, lol. More evil than you can imagine.

Have you ever heard of the British East India Company? In 1803 it had 280,000 troops in its private army and more ships than the British Navy. It slaughtered people with impunity and seized whole countries (like India).

The ways things are going, in twenty years time, Amazon will make the EIC look benign.

edit: none of this could possibly be true

1. Solaras profile image90
            Solarasposted 7 months ago in reply to this

I count on it. In the meantime, Exxon will be doing a bangup job controlling the world's resources with the US military at its beck and call.

edit: I expect this thread to be transferred to the politics forum forthwith.

Nah, none of it could possibly be true. Oh, hang on... Perfect for the Topical Forums.

2. lobobrandon profile image82
            lobobrandonposted 7 months ago in reply to this

The English East India Company weren't they a bunch of looters?

They needed a new word to describe their activities in Bengal so they appropriated 'loot' from Hindustani slang for 'plunder'.

The EIC was rather good at plunder as the UK's fine museums and country houses demonstrate.

1. lobobrandon profile image82

Oh yeah! How did I not realise that. Loot in Hindi does mean to steal.

'Fifty Words the British Stole from India' and 'Twenty Fabulous Diamonds the British Stole from India' could both be viable pages.

I'm taking an interest in this stuff after seeing a few episodes of 'Taboo' (Tom Hardy's). It has a semi-realistic view of power tucked away in its mishmash of history, Gothic romance and witchcraft.

1. lobobrandon profile image82

Interesting, I should look into it.

working