jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Article Life Before It's Approved and Shares

1. Natalie Frank profile image98
    Natalie Frankposted 9 months ago

I've noticed that our articles are actually live before they are approved.  If you automatic shares to sites like FB does it go out immediately before approval?  It doesn't matter for the one's that stay at HS but happens with the ones who are shared before approval and then immediately put at a niche site at approval?  Does it change what is shared or do we need to take the first down and share the second?

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image96
      SakinaNasir53posted 9 months agoin reply to this

Hi Natalie! smile
      I had shared a link of one of my articles on Facebook. After sometime it was moved to a niche site. The link remained the same on Facebook, but when I opened it, it showed to be on a niche site, which was a different link.  I always share my articles after they are approved by the QAP.

Natalie Frankposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Sakina.  That's good to know.  (Anymore recipes coming soon?  I love what you put up!)

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image96
          SakinaNasir53posted 9 months agoin reply to this

Thank you Natalie! Yeah, I am working on a new recipe. smile

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Hi Natalie,

We recommend waiting for the article to have Featured status before posting to social media, as posting before it is Featured can cause loading issues on social sites, but once it is no longer pending, the link will still work, even if the article is selected for one of our Network Sites.

Natalie Frankposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Christy.  That helps.  Though it seems like at least for FB it gets linked there as soon as I submit it before it has been reviewed (My mom has a habit of sharing them so I see the share pop up as soon as I submit a new article).  Is that possible if you have certain media sites checked to automatically share to?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 9 months agoin reply to this

HubPages doesn't offer that functionality, but there might be plugins or apps for the social sites that would allow it.

working