jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (15 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Why You Should Always Be Wary of Wild Animals in th

1. Beachhopper profile image60
    Beachhopperposted 7 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Why You Should Always Be Wary of Wild Animals in the Ditch....Unless They're Dead (must be signed in to view).  I'm thinking this story is too personal (doesn't hold enough general knowledge for people) and that's why it didn't rate?  Thanks!

1. greenmind profile image92
      greenmindposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Well I liked it. HP needs more stories about brazen beavers. I'm not sure why it wasn't published -- what did the email say?

Beachhopperposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Lol..thank you!  HP wasn't specific at all.  They just told me the usual stuff that they want in their hubs, with a link to a tutorial and a link to post here and ask other hubbers how I could improve it in order to get it published.  I figured it was just too personal a story for a newbie and I need to write more general knowledge info type articles...not stories about crazy beavers that don't actually contain helpful info.  Although there is a pretty big message in that story anyhow.....I know I got one out of it......hahaha.  Anyhow, this was my third article and my first two were featured, so unless someone can tell me otherwise, I'm going to have to think it was just too personal.  I'll republish it when I make it out of 'boot camp'.
        Thanks for your input! smile

1. DrMark1961 profile image93
          DrMark1961posted 7 months agoin reply to this

I enjoyed it. It wasn´t too personal at all, but the title is misleading. It is not like anyone is ever going to find it with that title anyway, but if they did they would be looking for a story about why to avoid wild animals, not a tale about a beaver in a ditch.
          Other than that, it rates. (It also makes me happy that I live in South America, far far away from those vicious beavers!)

South America?  Lucky you!  Well, except for the snakes...lol
            I was thinking the title was too long, but it didn't occur to me people would find it misleading as well.  Thank you for pointing that out.  When I resubmit it, I'll give it a new title. big_smile

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image87
              SakinaNasir53posted 7 months agoin reply to this

Hi beachhopper! smile

I loved reading your article and enjoyed it very much. However, I would just like to suggest these points:

1. I just feel that the title is too long. You can try shortening it. May be "Always Be Wary Of Wild Animals In The Ditch" or "My Encounter With A Wild Beaver".

2. Try including an appropriate video if possible.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Hello SakinaNasir53!  I'm glad you liked my story, and thank you very much for your feedback!  I am definitely going to change that title now, lol. big_smile

You're most welcome. smile LOL!

2. greenmind profile image92

Let's just emphasize *appropriate* video.

Appropriate or not, I didn't get the video anyhow.....ahahaha! big_smile

1. DrMark1961 profile image93
                    DrMark1961posted 7 months agoin reply to this

Mutual of Omaha´s Wild Beavers of Canada: Not appropriate
                    When Animals Attack: Kind of appropriate
                    A Mutual of Omaha video of Wild Beavers of Canada on the Attack (narrated by the ghost of Marlin Perkins): Very appropriate.

2. Beachhopper profile image60
    Beachhopperposted 7 months ago

You people are awesome!  I changed a few words and shortened the title to 'A Beaver in the Ditch', and that seems to have done the trick, lol  My hub is now published and featured!  So thank you all again for your help with this!  big_smile

You're most welcome! Great news. smile

Oh!  I  almost forgot.....I also added an "appropriate" video.  big_smile

2. greenmind profile image92

welcome aboard!

working