jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Breastfeeding vs formula and feeding in public.

1. Amber Consiglio profile image77
    Amber Consiglioposted 6 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Breastfeeding vs formula and feeding in public. (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Sherry Hewins profile image94
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 months ago in reply to this

It's good information, but a little short. Most of this info is readily available elsewhere on the Internet. Also, the title is not in proper title case.

Maybe you could add something about your personal experiences with breastfeeding in public, or some local problems or ordinances in your town.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image88
        SakinaNasir53posted 6 months ago in reply to this

Hi Amber Consiglio! smile I agree with Sherry Hewins here.

I would also suggest the following points:

1. Attribute the images that you have included by specifying the source name or URL. Make sure they are in the public domain  (copyright free). Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great to use. Flickr is good too. But you need to search for the images under Creative Commons license.

2. Include an appropriate video if possible.

3. Add callout capsules if you wish to highlight important points.

4. Bullets and numbering format is useful to make your hub look neater and easily scannable.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

2. tamarawilhite profile image89
      tamarawilhiteposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Discuss options for when a woman cannot breastfeed temporarily, such as due to illness.
      You could address pros and cons of pumping breast milk for use, whether your husband being able to give the baby a bottle or so the child can have breast milk while in childcare. I found the mechanical pumps uncomfortable and bulky, whereas trying to pump with a hand pump gave me carpal tunnel syndrome.

3. moonlake profile image89
      moonlakeposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I think you need to add more reasons why some women can't breast feed. It often has nothing to do with health. Mom's milk is not rich enough or she just doesn't produce enough breastmilk..

4. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

I'm not going to discuss the merits of breastfeeding, but I will highlight the issues I can see in your hub.

Your introduction is too long. It's not really an intro at all. You need to explain what your article is about, why you wrote it and why the reader should keep reading. Your intro is your chance to grab the reader's attention.  It only needs to be a decent length paragraph, say five sentences, no more.

Move the photo down below the intro and make it full width.

Watch out for those pesky pronouns; lots of 'we's there. See if you can write the article without them. Not all your readers will be female.

Check for typos - there are quite a few. There is never a space before a comma/period, but there is always one after. Asthma and childhood obesity do not need to be capitalized.

If you are making definitive statements and claims about anything, add a source, such as "in a study carried out by so and so (2011)".

The 'Feeding in Public' section reads like a personal rant. You should rewrite it so that it is fact-based.

Break up your big, chunky paragraphs into smaller ones. Use bullet points if you can.

Make sure your images are legal-to-use and add their source to the capsule. The comparison one looks poor quality.

Learn more here: https://hubpageshelp.com

Hope that helps.

2. atsikelas profile image80
    atsikelasposted 6 months ago

Replying from a psychology perspective I have to say that breastfeeding is beneficial not only for biological and physical reasons but for mental and psychological ones too. As Freud teaches us, breastfeeding is the key factor to successfully completing the oral psychosexual phase between 0 to 1.5 years of age. Failing to do that can potentially negatively affect a person on the long run I.e. excessive eating during adolescence, obesity, nail biting, smoking etc. Also, the matter of building a bond between the infant and the mother is much more serious than that. Managing to build a "safe attachment" to its mother is important for the child in order to be able to trust people and normally interact with them in the future and breastfeeding can definitely help achieve that. Extreme cases of the opposite situations can lead to serious psychoses like sociopathy and psychopathy. smile

working