PageSpeed Insights on HubPages

1. lifelovemystery profile image87
    lifelovemysteryposted 6 months ago

I am curious to know if Hubbers use Site Speed within Google Analytics, to decrease the time it takes for a page to load on either Desktop or Mobile device.

2. Glenn Stok profile image93
    Glenn Stokposted 6 months ago

I do check it once in a while. My average download time for a hub is 0.26 sec, according to my GA. I like to compare the page timing of each hub to the HP site average.  GA shows both.

To speed things up I reduce the size  of images I use, but only if I have a hub with a lot of images. The width never really has to be greater than 600 or 700 pixels, so I speed up the page load by working on that.

I don't compare load times between Desktop and Mobile. I actually didn't know that metric was available under GA.  I'll have to take a look. Or maybe you can point me in the right direction.

3. lifelovemystery profile image87
    lifelovemysteryposted 6 months ago

Reducing image size is a great tip for decreasing the page load time.
    To compare load times, click on the 'Add Segment' box, and a menu will appear with more than a dozen segments to select from, then click the blue 'Apply' button.

Segments can be added to all reports, not just Page Timings. It's a great way to compare Direct traffic, Organic traffic and Referral traffic. Incorporating SEO is an easy way to increase Organic traffic.

working