What's the highest your Hubscore has ever been?.. and what contributed to it bei

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (30 posts)
  1. LVidoni5 profile image78
    LVidoni5posted 12 years ago

What's the highest your Hubscore has ever been?.. and what contributed to it being at its highest?

2. steve8miller profile image65
    steve8millerposted 12 years ago

The highest my Hubscore has ever been was 98 when I first started writing hubs here on Hubpages. This was due to writing high quality hubs with lots of valuable content, as well as people reading them and voting them up and useful.

3. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 12 years ago

The highest my hubs have been was 95 and 93. Why I mention 2 scores check below smile

The one that reached 95 used to get just 2 visits a day and still gets anywhere between 0 - 2 but still stays the highest!!

The other gets plenty of traffic compared to my total traffic and stays about 80 on an average but moves as high up as 89 at least once a day & the highest I spotted it was a 93

4. wandererh profile image68
    wandererhposted 12 years ago

My score has gone as high as a hundred a couple of times although it never stayed there.  I can't isolate any particular contributing factor.  I suspect that HubPages have built in a random factor into their algorithm and possibly also delays the change of your score due to your actions so it might be difficult to figure out how each factor affects the score.

I think the best thing to do is simply to stay active in the community and to publish good quality hubs regularly.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

100 has been my highest, so far. (I keep hoping for more, but, alas...)
    It comes and goes, and I have only a faint and unreliable idea of why.
    Quite possibly, it is more likely to come if you stick around for a couple of years.  I have also noted that it  is not necessarily related to earnings or views, so it is not as significant as you might think.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image83
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

ninety nine would be my highest score, and what contributed to that score is only known by he or she who created the author scoring algorithm for Hubpages.com

Everything else said by anyone here would be speculation at best, and the most objective bits of self flattery, or misrepresentation of data.

But don't let my study discourage your thinking about the subject. 

The one day results of that ninety nine of a hundred score was something else altogether, and rather than guess at what it might be, I could just tell you - it was a great big one day increase in traffic.

7. leroy64 profile image63
    leroy64posted 12 years ago

95 is my highest.  I have not a clue as to how I did that.  I write, answer questions, and respond to comments.

8. fastfreta profile image73
    fastfretaposted 12 years ago

I used to reach 100 on a regular basis, but now I can't seem to reach that for anything.

9. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

I had one that sat at 100 for a short time. I have no idea what caused it.  It is a very simplistic article on saving money in hard times.

10. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years ago

93, and that was for one day.  My score ranges from 89-92.  I could Hub hop, make all kinds of comments, and participate in the Forum, but these are the scores I end up with.  I just keep writing.  I'm not writing so I can get a high Hubscore.  That would be a waste of time.

11. Brinafr3sh profile image79
    Brinafr3shposted 12 years ago

Hi LVidoni5, the highest my Hubscore has ever been was 88. And the reason it was that high is because at the time I was posting my hub-links in the public online forum sites (back-linking), along with comments.

12. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

For a few hours my score was 97. I couldn't tell you why it rose that high, although I do note that my score tends to drop after I have published hub. No one knows. You have to participate a lot to get it past 80, but if you participate too often, you can't get above a score in the early 90s.

13. chicagoguy profile image63
    chicagoguyposted 12 years ago

i am still new !! so kind of learning what's this score all about !

14. missolive profile image61
    missoliveposted 12 years ago

Highest Hub Score - 94
    Highest Hubber Score - 96

How it gets there? Organic traffic, impression time and votes - Plus, whatever crazy formula is thrown in there. smile

15. HattieMattieMae profile image61
    HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years ago

Well I've had it up to 98 a few different times, but notice some times like the last two weeks hardly wrote any hubs or did anything and it went up. So It's not always accurate in my opinion. I never have gone by that! There is times when you participate, vote on others, reade etc, and it goes down. Some times I think it just depends on who reads and whether they vote, more than anything. lol

16. suvitharoja profile image69
    suvitharojaposted 12 years ago

My highest Hub score is 84.
    Higher Hubber score is 90

Today is the first time my hubber score has reached 90. One thing I noticed for the increase in the Hub score and hubber score is the increase in the Hub Karma score. Earlier, I was not using any links in my hubs. Recently I started linking my hubs to relevant hubs written by other authors. This interlinks has increased my Hub Karma score and in turn increased by Hub and hubber score.

17. Pamela N Red profile image82
    Pamela N Redposted 12 years ago

I've been one hundred a few times but never really figured out why. I just write, advertise and don't worry too much about my score. It goes up and down and like I said I've yet to figure out the rhyme or reason for that.

18. incomeguru profile image94
    incomeguruposted 12 years ago

My highest hub score is 90. I guessed what has made it so was the number of organic traffic this particular hub is getting per day coupled with its uniqueness and more than a 600 words article.

19. fpherj48 profile image59
    fpherj48posted 12 years ago

My highest was 96, which stayed for about a week, I think.  Since I've only been with HubPages 6 months, I was pretty inspired by that score, but I quickly learned how quickly and often scores fluctuate!   I don't have a clue as to what contributes to our scores.  I've learned not to allow it to affect me one way or the other.

20. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years ago

Ahem, shouldn't you be telling us the answer to having high Hubscores?  Congrats on your current 99.  I think mine is at its peak right now, hovering around 90.

21. JamaGenee profile image77
    JamaGeneeposted 12 years ago

I've hit the magic 100 a dozen or more times, but can only attribute two of them to a huge (but temporary)  increase in traffic for evergreen hubs.  The rest have been when I haven't even logged in for a few days and therefore had done *nothing* to affect my score one way or the other.  The same thing often happens to a hubber friend. We just chalk it up to the Mystery of the Algorithm.  Personally, I think there are elves living in the HP servers who meet daily to draw names from a bowl to determine who gets the 100 scores.  Makes about as much sense as any other theory on how such scores are determined! ;D

22. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 12 years ago

99 and I have no idea why except that I wrote an article with much research, almost like a thesis. The topic interested me, and increased my knowledge - great feeling to keep learning. Then maybe my hubscore never has much to do with such a happening. Many items combined are the bases for hubscore. Why worry?

23. onegoodwoman profile image68
    onegoodwomanposted 12 years ago

It reached 100, shortly after I  joined HP, it stayed there quite some time, ebbed a bit during  along the way..........

I do not know the " mechanics" of such things...........just stay active, respectful, even when offering a counter-view, and write things that someone will be interested in reading.

24. Cardisa profile image89
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

Highest hub score  - 97

Highest author/hubber score - 99

What contributed those scores? Only HP techs know that!

But I must say that my authorscore seem to increase with my increased activity here. I also notice that within the first 24 hrs after publishing a new hub the score fall a point or two then shoots up drastically sometimes 5 or 6 points.

25. lzlpio90 profile image70
    lzlpio90posted 12 years ago

I guess I had reached 90+ (don't know exactly) but there is one thing I noticed about my hubscore... If I gone active for the time being, my hubscore rises but, if there is a time in a day or two or more that I didn't visit my hubpages, do interactions like commenting, publishing a hub, answering questions, or participating in a forum, my hubscore drops drastically...

So, i guess the hubscore represents how active or inactive the hubber is....

26. bloggering profile image72
    bloggeringposted 12 years ago

93 - I think search engine traffic has something to do with it. I don't write for hubs on a regular basis, but my score goes up and down.

27. Rain Defence profile image79
    Rain Defenceposted 12 years ago

Not managed to get my score over 91 and it has only ever been there for a short time. No idea why really.

28. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 12 years ago

I almost didn’t jump in to answer your question because every answer I see here are great and I felt I couldn’t add anything extra that might help. Furthermore, I realize that anything I say is pure speculation anyway. Based on that I have to agree with Wesman Todd Shaw’s answer about speculation.

But then I thought about one thing I refrain from doing and I thought it might help to share that.  And that is… I don’t try to do anything to artificially raise my score. 

I feel that doing things like creating your own backlinks rather than letting them develop naturally, or following people just to get them to follow you back (not actually to read their Hubs), or stuffing keywords into your Hubs beyond those that naturally fall into the text as you write… all these things are artificial and they can actually backfire on you.

Other than that, just keep up the good work, do your best, and the rest will all fall into place.

29. hazelwood4 profile image65
    hazelwood4posted 12 years ago

I think this is the million dollar question on Hubpages.smile  The highest my Hubber score has ever been is 84, and the highest Hubscore I have had was almost 90.  I think that both numbers fluctuate with how active you are as a Hubber, how often you use the Hubhopping tool, how friendly you are when answering questions on the board.  I also think that if you are too active in any given time that this drastically can effect the number too. I think once the computer software catches up, and sees that you are not a SPAMMER this changes too in a positive way.  Great question, and I hope I helped you answer this one.smile

30. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 12 years ago

I've been at 99 for a day or two here and there... and I have no idea what contributed to it reaching that. Most of the time I'm in the mid 90s so I guess it means I'm doing something right.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)