jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (14 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Strangest Bizarre Deaths Throughout History

1. Annie Wright profile image77
    Annie Wrightposted 8 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Strangest Bizarre Deaths Throughout History. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Nell Rose profile image94
      Nell Roseposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Hiya Annie, well I am no expert lol! but I would make sure there is a big photo at the top of the hub, because when you share it say on pinterest it won't work unless you got a photo up top, or if it does it will pick an odd one. Second, I would get rid of the 'is this article interesting' thing half way down, as this made me think it was the end of the hub! I would also break up the paragraphs in between each photo,, they look a bit blocky, just separate them a bit. but nothing else, its fine.

Annie Wrightposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Hi Nell,
        Thank you very much, I will edit the post after taking notes of your ideas. I appreciate the time you took to help me out, thank you. After making changes it should get more attention. If you think of anything else please let me know as it always good to have someone else to see your work as they tend to find the errors you miss when editing or trying to fix one's work. Thanks
        Annie

Don't forget that its down to you to promote it, in fact all of your hubs. Pinterest, twitter, and Flipboard, stumbleupon and so on, specially facebook! that way you will get it out to the people.

Hi Neil,
            I use facebook and sometimes twitter, but will make notes where to post my articles. Are there any other places to post my article? Flipboard and stumbleupon I'm not familiar with but I'm going to set up an account. I never thought of using Pinterest. Thank you very much for all of your help. Taking notes to be sure I get it right. Annie

Pinterest is one of the main sites that push our hubs, so its well worth joining smile

2. Jason mackenzie profile image45
      Jason mackenzieposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Hi, interesting hub. How about putting this quote "To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves..." into a call-out box? Another suggestion would be to break down the single long paragraph into 2 or 3 paragraphs. For example, the following single paragraph under Death by Molasses 'On January 15, 1919, Boston, Massachusetts twenty-one people...' can be broken into 2 to 3 paragraphs, each comprising of 2 or max 3 sentences. Hope this helps, thanks, regards...

Hi Jason,
        Thank you, I will break them down and use the call out. I appreciate the help. Take notes so I get it corrected. I appreciate the time you took to help. I truly believe when writing it helps to have someone else look over your work to find the mistakes so it can be corrected. Thank you Annie

1. Jason mackenzie profile image45
          Jason mackenzieposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Most welcome!!! Do check out my hubs and post comments on them too. Thanks, regards...

Thank you. I corrected my hub and waiting for results. Yes, I will check out your hubs. Annie

2. Nell Rose profile image94
    Nell Roseposted 8 months ago

Forgot to say, but this is obvious, lol! don't forget to follow and comment on other hubbers work!

Thanks, I will. Edited the hub and getting ready to check out those sites you told me about. Annie

2. Annie Wright profile image77

Nell, your page is amazing, you are so talented. Wow. Thank you for helping me to improve my writing. Annie

AW thanks Annie! glad to help and great to meet you too!

working