jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Change to bright red 'Contact author' link at top of every article

1. LongTimeMother profile image97
    LongTimeMotherposted 5 months ago

Lazy readers click the bright red 'contact author' button to ask questions that should be appearing in the comments section. I don't bother answering them because there's absolutely no advantage to hubbers spending time engaging in private conversations. I've had one interesting email that didn't need to go into comments, but only one.

So I suggest you add another 'step' for anyone who clicks that link. Would you please direct them back to leave a comment if they want to discuss the topic of an article ... and warn them not to necessarily expect a response from the author if they choose to proceed with 'contact author'.

I'm puzzled as to why that red link was added in the first place. Why do you want readers contacting authors via email?

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 months ago

...and I'm just sitting over here, wondering why I only average 1 email from the contact button every 2 years.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Well that's partly because the new "contact" link has been in place for only a few weeks.

I get emails from other Hubbers quite regularly, but it's extremely rare for me to get one from readers.  The "contact author" link hasn't changed that - yet.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
        Venkatachari Mposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Why the link is appearing on only some of the Authors' pages and not on others' posts? Whether it needs to opt for?

1. tsmog profile image83
          tsmogposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I think we should be able to opt out of that feature. I am not interested in being contacted for various reasons.

My hubs do not show that feature. Or is it visible only to the visitors?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
              Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Check what options you have selected under Account Settings.   I think you must have chosen not to allow other people to contact you via HubPages.

Thank you, Marisa, for reminding about this setting. I will check it and rectify.

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Sorry, I meant both since the new feature and before it. Even hubbers rarely contact me, lol.

2. Venkatachari M profile image83

Wry Lilt, do you say every two years?

3. eugbug profile image93
    eugbugposted 5 months ago

I've had several technical questions and usually re-post the contents of my reply email as a comment.
    Is the content matter of comments treated by Google in the same manner as the main body text of a hub?

I hope so. If it contains rich comments of value they should get a good audience.

working