jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How to change my amazon affiliate code?

1. Moon Daisy profile image83
    Moon Daisyposted 5 months ago

Hello, I'm a long-term hubber, but my amazon affiliate account was cancelled a while ago, I think due to a lack of activity.  I wanted to join again, so I followed all of the instructions on here:  https://hubpageshelp.com/money/Learning … te-account

The final stage, Step 5, says to save the amazon associate code to use in my Hubpages account.
    It says to do these things:
    1) Go My Account > Earnings > Settings
    2) Click "Get Started" next to Amazon, and enter your Associates ID
    3) Enter your Amazon ID at the bottom of the page and click "Save"

Now when go to my account earnings settings, it still has my account as 'active', (even though it's not, and when I go to Amazon Associates it confirms that it's not).  And there is no opportunity for me to click "Get Started".

There is also nowhere for me to enter my new Amazon ID.  My old ID is still in there.
    And when I click 'Configure', and 'Deactivate the Amazon Program', there is still nowhere for me to enter this new Amazon ID. 

Does anyone know how to do this please??? 
    Thanks.

Moon Daisyposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Does anyone know the answer to this?  Or is this something I should try to contact HubPages staff about?  Thanks.

2. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Hello Moon Daisy, It looks like your Amazon Associates account was cancelled and then you signed up for the HubPages Amazon Program. These are two different earning programs. In the HubPages Amazon Program your earnings reports and payments will be provided by HubPages rather than Amazon. Also, HubPages offers a very high Amazon commission tier because the volume of sales across HubPages is aggregated for the benefit of all participants.

All you have to do is click 'Configure' next to Amazon Program here: https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/

Moon Daisyposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for your help.  But when I click on Configure and then i activate the programme it still has my old Amazon ID in, and doesn't give me any opportunity to change it to the new one!

2. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 5 months ago

I would have to Deactivate the amazon program to look into it. You are in the right settings. Maybe you would be better off contacting staff.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 months ago

If you opt into Hubads it doesn't matter what is listed in that field.

working