jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Duplicate

1. KsenijaZ profile image92
    KsenijaZposted 7 months ago

Yesterday evening I wrote a poem about and for my daughter. From my heart, just sat down and start writing. Today I received the message from HP that it is a duplicate?!? How come? I really don't understand that. How can a similar poem exist? Anybody here with similar experiences? Thank you!

1. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Was it a short poem? Have you published anything similar on HubPages? Sometimes all it takes is a line to trip the duplicate flag.

2. peachpurple profile image83
      peachpurpleposted 7 months agoin reply to this

have you tried checking at the plagarism site to check the poem?
      As long as the poem isn't found elsewhere, must be some misunderstanding

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Works that are very short can sometimes cause issues with our duplicate algorithm. Please email team@hubpages.com to get it sorted out.

2. SherrieWeynand profile image94
    SherrieWeynandposted 7 months ago

That happened to me as well, in an article that was pure opinion and how something affected me. I ended up running the article through Copyscape because I was confused about what could be duplicate. Turns out it was 3 or 4 words in combination that was in a magazine article. Since you wrote the poem, I would bet it's the same type of thing.

3. KsenijaZ profile image92
    KsenijaZposted 7 months ago

Thank you all for your answers.
    Yes, it was a short poem, maybe this was a problem.
    I will try again (will try to 'upgrade' it tonight, add some more lines) - if the problem persist, I will email HP team smile
    Thank you!

working