jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Basic Steps to Personal Development

1. Empathsoul profile image57
    Empathsoulposted 8 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Basic Steps to Personal Development (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Hi there,

You need to work on your introductions (plural, as I expect your other hubs may suffer from the same problem). Every article must start with an intro that tells the reader what the hub is about and why it needed to be written. It's your chance to grab the reader's attention.

Starting like this, "So you're like countless others who went to college to appease their parents..." has just ruled out 99% of your possible readership. You are guilty of generalisation, categorisation and assumption... not good things to do.

The first few paragraphs are very negative and quite mood-lowering. The article doesn't get going until 'What Am I Really Passionate About?'

This topic has been covered a million times already and your article is competing with all those more authoritative sites - think Hay House and all that sort of thing. How can you make your article different and worth your readers' time?

You're linking to an external site that looks suspiciously like an affiliate link or self-promotion. You can't do that at HubPages, I'm afraid.

I'm sure, with a little work you could produce a useful and fascinating article. My advice to you, if you want to build up a good collection of hubs, that you focus on getting one featured. Learn from that one to create the next. You are trying to write too many and none of them are really up to scratch.

Hope that helps.

1. Empathsoul profile image57
        Empathsoulposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Hi and thank you for your feedback.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 8 months ago

You advice is only for kids considering going to college, I suggest that you adjust the title to reflect that,

working