jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Is it possible to change the URL extension for a hub?

1. Katy Preen profile image92
    Katy Preenposted 5 months ago

Hello, I made an error without realising on the hub I just completed.  When I was planning a number of hubs that I wanted to work on, I set them up in my account.  I changed my mind about one of them, and instead of deleting it, just renamed it to what I wanted my new title to be.

I just published it, and noticed that the extension in the URL still has the old title, which doesn't apply to the new title or content.  Is there a way for me to change this, or will the admins / reviewers pick up on this and fix it?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

2. Dasia Toston profile image73
    Dasia Tostonposted 5 months ago

I did the same thing on a few of my hubs. There is not a way to change the URL after publishing without redoing the entire hub from scratch.

3. simplehappylife profile image80
    simplehappylifeposted 5 months ago

As far as I am aware, you cannot change a URL once it's been established.  You would have to start unpublish it and copy it over to an entirely new article.  Sorry sad

4. simplehappylife profile image80

sorry, that should say "you would have to unpublish it"

5. simplehappylife profile image80

as a side note, some of my earlier articles have conflicting titles and url's (as I found myself in the same boat as you).  I decided to leave them be, rather than unpublish and publish again.  They seem to do just fine in regards to traffic.

6. Jason mackenzie profile image89
    Jason mackenzieposted 5 months ago

Hi, no, once the hub is published under a certain url, it would remain so unless you unpublish it, revamp it and submit again. Thanks, regards...

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Not quite, Jason.   Unpublishing it and resubmitting does not change the URL.  You can't change the URL.  The only thing you can do is delete the whole Hub and start from scratch.

7. Jason mackenzie profile image89
    Jason mackenzieposted 5 months ago

Okay...so how about it that I delete the hub and create another one with the same content albeit a different heading? I wonder if this would bring about a change in url...

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Yes, if it's a brand new hub it will have a different URL, even if the content is the same.

8. MuhammadAmeen89 profile image76
    MuhammadAmeen89posted 5 months ago

No it cannot be done. You would have to publish the article again

working