jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Why can't I find my hub page when searching for the title

1. BethZSeveran profile image61
    BethZSeveranposted 5 months ago

The website is a blog about my book on Amazon Kindle (don't worry I am changing the cover) anyway...I would like any feedback and comments
    Why does my page not show up in search results.  How does HubPages rank pages with certain words or titles?
    The page is Breaking Free From Alcohol's Prison: My Story you will probably have to use the link to find it.
    https://hubpages.com/health/Breaking-Fr … ols-Prison

1. EricDockett profile image92
      EricDockettposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Your Hub still has a NOINDEX tag on it. You need to pass QAP to get the NOINDEX dropped so your Hub is visible to search engines. You are not likely to pass QAP writing reviews of your own book. It's seen as self-promotion and that's a big no no around here.

However, you can write various Hubs about your experience and mention your book on your profile.

If I were you I'd check out the Learning Center to get an idea of what kind of articles HP is looking for. You certainly seem like you have something important to contribute, but you do need to learn the ropes.

Good luck!

2. Marketing Merit profile image87
      Marketing Meritposted 5 months agoin reply to this

As Eric said above, it would appear that your hub is not featured and hence, has a no-index tag allocated to it. This means that Google is told to ignore the hub and this is why it does not show when you search for it. This aside, you also need to appreciate that, even if your hub was featured, indexing is not instantaneous and you must wait for Google bots to crawl the site.

It is no longer permissible to use HubPages for self-promotion, although links to your website, Facebook page etc are permitted on your profile page. Unfortunately, your hub appears to serve no specific purpose aside from promoting your book and is unlikely to pass QAP. It would be far more helpful if you wrote about the subject of alcohol dependency e.g. dangers of alcohol abuse, recovering from alcohol abuse etc.

I have also taken a look at your book on Amazon. You are using a generic cover, have no copyright notice, table of contents or introduction. If you are unsure as to what to include, download some of the free Kindle books and take a look at the format that is being used. Some will be awful but you will also find a few gems that you can follow as a template. You may wish to work on your book and then promote it by running a free book promotion on Amazon Kindle and/or relevant Facebook groups.

Hope this helps.

1. BethZSeveran profile image61
        BethZSeveranposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for the constructive criticism.  I have been working on my hubpage some more and I will work on my book as well.

working