jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Feed Scrolling jumps around

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 5 months ago

For a week or more when I am scrolling through my feed, at random points it jumps back and repeats Hubs I have already scrolled past.
    I asked a question about this, and others are also seeing this.
    DON

2. Glenn Stok profile image93
    Glenn Stokposted 5 months ago

Don, what browser and version are you using? This info will help staff with the problem.

All I noticed is that the feed keeps adding more data as you scroll. That's not a bug. But I understand that you're saying it repeats stuff you already scrolled past. I'm not getting that effect with Safari. Are you sure your browser isn't just displaying a little higher every time more data is added to the scroll?

Besides that, I actually have noticed a bug that pops up when I scroll to the end. At that point it gives an error as follows:

Nothing found.
    You might consider editing your feed settings to follow somes categories.

Now that's a bug for sure!

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
      Don Bobbittposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Glenn - I have a Mac Pro, and I use Chrome.
      The problem is consistent for me each time I start to read down through my daily list of feeds.
      Not sure why, but I have received responses from others who say they have the same symptoms.
      It certainly irritates when I am enjoying my morning coffee and my new feed hubs. LOL!
      DON

1. Glenn Stok profile image93
        Glenn Stokposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Don, do you have Safari on your Mac Pro? I'd be curious to know if you have the same problem with that one. It would also be good to know if the others who have the same problem are also using Chrome. Did they add that information? I assume you're referring to another forum thread, but I don't know which.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I am having the jumping while using Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Patty, I just tried it with Firefox and I don't have the problem. My Firefox is version 53.0.2 (64-bit). Which version do you have?  If older, try updating and see if you still have the problem.

Just wondering if you are actually getting the repeats that Don mentioned. The "jumping" that you refer to may just be the refresh adding more data to the page as you scroll.  It keeps filling as you move down the page. That's normal processing.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 months ago

I have same jumping/repeats as Don and same Firefox version as yours.

That's strange, then, that I don't have that problem. There must be a different setting you and Don have somewhere. Try clearing your cache and check for malware and viruses.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Thanks!

4. Spanish Food profile image87
    Spanish Foodposted 5 months ago

I have this problem too. At some point part way down the feed, it just starts displaying the same stories all over again, in the same order. Highly frustrating. (Using Firefox)

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 months ago

I experienced some jumping pages today while I was editing an article. Every time I clicked on a capsule the page would jump to the top, then I'd have to scroll down to see whether the capsule moved where I told it to move, or what.

It was not the most difficult of struggles to face, but the struggle was real.

working