jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Edit means whole flavor of the article no longer makes sense

1. LiveMusicLoverLyn profile image85
    LiveMusicLoverLynposted 5 months ago

Hub Pages have edited my article "Great Acoustic or Unplugged Live Male Vocal Performances" and the edit includes the complete removal of a video that is discussed.  The article has been moved to Spinditty.  The discussion is left as though the video is still there.

Can I put it back in place?  The removal devalues the whole thing!

I also added 1 only Amazon link for an album and that has also been removed.  I have read conflicting information  about adding links to Amazon, but this is a genuine link to Amazon US for the album that the song is from and surely it is not unreasonable to use a facility sensibly that is there?

I'd appreciate your thoughts and advice please.

As an aside the edit has also corrected the title of a song to correct English, but I was careful to use the actual title and not to correct it myself, so should I put that back to the title?  After all it has my name to it, not the editors.

1. Marie Flint profile image92
      Marie Flintposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Dear Live Music Lover Lyn,

I too have articles edited with elements of which I did not approve. Yes, you can edit the article yourself even though it has been placed on a sister site. Just click on the edit icon for the article as you would for any article, make the desired changes, and repost. Hub Pages may threaten to remove the article at some future date, but you always have the opportunity to contact the team and go over your preferred form.

If you have specifically given reasons for someone to buy the hub-related product, the Amazon ad should be all right. If Hub Pages still objects, you may either comply with the team's wishes or query the team for further explanation to see what changes would allow you to keep the ad. Most revenues come from the AdSense program.

I hope you find this response assuring and hopeful. Have a wonderful writing day!

2. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 months agoin reply to this

The video was removed because it was broken.  Music videos often times are taken down, so you'll need to stay on top of them if you'd like to include one.  Please feel free to add one back, if you can find one that is available!

While it's not unreasonable, I would error on the side of removing the product.  I have a feeling you won't have a lot of purchases and products can change the tone of an article. 

The only song title change that I see is the "Livin' on a Prayer" title.  The editors correction is correct, I believe:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livin%27_on_a_Prayer

I hope this answers your questions!  Let me know if you have others.  Thanks.  smile

2. LiveMusicLoverLyn profile image85
    LiveMusicLoverLynposted 5 months ago

Thanks, the video works fine for me - maybe its a territory thing?

Re the title, yes whilst I would never, ever trust Wikipedia to find information (!) I took it as correct from Youtube and I have checked the album cover and it is indeed correct English with the apostrophe! Thanks again.  I'll try and find another VT of the Ed Sheeran track.

I'd appreciate any tip on how to check if a video that works in the UK will also work int he USA without having to Skype someone and ask them to check for me each time!

working