jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Page views vs impressions

1. Good Guy profile image93
    Good Guyposted 4 months ago

It's been quite some time I didn't check on my earnings.  What a shock to find that my ad "impressions" were less than half of my page views.  If I am not wrong they should be the same.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Impressions are typically less than page views. The difference can be caused by readers leaving the page before the ads fully load or by readers with ad blocking software turned on. These people will still be counted in your page views but will not count for ad impressions.

1. lobobrandon profile image84
        lobobrandonposted 4 months ago in reply to this

The impressions we see are just the ones that are on our 60% right. Not worded right, too tired haha. But I hope you know what I mean.

Are you talking about in Google Analytics or the Pageviews in your HubPages stats? The HubPages stats include both the author's and HubPages shares, though I'm not sure about Analytics and I'm checking up on that.

Just heard back and GA also includes impressions and page views for both the author's and HubPages' shares.

1. lobobrandon profile image84
              lobobrandonposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I was talking about the impressions that show under the Earnings tab of the HP ad program smile

working