jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Submitting to niche sites...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 months ago

So----I presume (notice I was careful not to say "assume"  lol ), that if we submitted one of our articles, and it's been almost the 2 weeks between submissions since; that if we've heard nothing about it, it was not accepted???

(Sorry for the poor sentence construction.  I had to get up WAY too early today, and it doesn't agree with my brains!)

2. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 4 months ago

If it is not selected you will be informed. You don't have to assume anything wink

DzyMsLizzyposted 4 months ago in reply to this

okay, thanks.

1. lobobrandon profile image84
        lobobrandonposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Depending on the niche sites it can take a long time. Some months ago one of mine took over a month to be moved due to the long queue.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I agree with Lobobrandon.   I'm pretty sure I saw a moderator post to say that some niche sites have  a big backlog and some are being processed quickly.

3. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 4 months ago

I've not submitted to many posts but when I do I usually get a pretty quick response.

4. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 4 months ago

We try to get to the submitted articles within a week, but it depends on the site.  It takes more time if the editor for the site thinks the article will fit on another site better.  In this case we bounce the article to another editor's queue.  To receive a quicker response, be sure to submit your article to the correct site.  smile
    For example, Liz, you submitted this article to HealDove and we decided it was a better fit on Owlcation, so the process took a bit longer, but still only a week:  https://owlcation.com/stem/Pesky-Plants.  When I look at your account, this is the last article that was submitted.  Did you submit another?

I did; on 5/6 I submitted a recipe to Delishably.

(It is often difficult to judge which sites are appropriate, given that their names are a bit "off the wall" for many of them..."Owlcation?"   "Exemplore?" are 2 examples...)

5. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 4 months ago

Hmmm.  I do not see a submission on this account for Delishably recently.  The last submission that I see was for the article on plants that make you itch.

Hmm... interesting.  Perhaps it got hung in cyberspace and didn't go through...  I'll try again.

working