Promotion of Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (23 posts)
  1. PGupta0919 profile image90
    PGupta0919posted 7 years ago

Hello everyone
    I am a new Hubber and have written around 12 Hubs as of date. I want to know how do I start promoting my Hubs. Which are the best ways to do so and on which sites should I consider promoting them on?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image93
      Jeremy Gillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi PGupta. To get people interested in your writing, you can share them on social media and participate in forums/answers to attract attention from the community.

But honestly, I find that the vast majority of my views comes through google searches, and usually it takes articles a few months before the views start coming in (of course, this depends on the article itself).

My advice is to be patient and not get discouraged, as it takes time and effort. Good luck!

PGupta0919posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your support Jeremy Hill.

2. Jodah profile image89
      Jodahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Try promoting them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.

PGupta0919posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Jodah.

2. Titia profile image91
    Titiaposted 7 years ago

You can post them on the social media like the others suggested, but keep in mind that in order to keep your hubs featured, only the google (or other browser) views count.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

That isn't exactly true.  All readership counts but social media views count less.

1. RJ Schwartz profile image87
        RJ Schwartzposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The new Google algorithm actually factors in social media posts and re-posts or shares.  <snipped - no promotional links>

3. Anamika S profile image65
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

Apart from twitter, facebook, pinterest and G+, I would advice you to start blogger, wordpress.com and tumblr blogs to promote your writing. You can post a synopsis or some related content and post a link to your Hubs here. You can also post teaser videos on YouTube and post a link in the description. The more links pointing to your hub, the better. However, don't indulge in any spammy practices. Make sure the description and alt tags are different everywhere.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Anamika, that was good advice five years ago.  It's very, very bad advice now and a total waste of time. 

Once upon a time, we were advised to start a blog, and create posts with links back to our Hubs. Unfortunately this advice was so popular and so widely quoted, Google realised what was happening and changed its algorithm so such behaviour was punished, not rewarded.

Nowadays if you create a blog which has lots of links back to one website, it will be penalised and the links will not be counted.  It is regarded by Google as a spammy practice.

1. Anamika S profile image65
        Anamika Sposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is why I specifically said to use different descriptions, other related content and different alt tags for different platforms. It is still working for me. Almost 15% of my traffic to my niche domains are from blogger.com, tumblr and wordpress.com I am getting around 10% traffic from Pinterest as well.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So what you're doing is creating real blogs on each of those platforms, each one dedicated to a specific subject, and you're writing a lot of related content on those blogs as well as putting links to your Hubs?

That's a lot of work.  I can't see the point in creating blogs like that IF their sole purpose is to drive traffic to HubPages.  If their purpose is to earn money in their own right, with the bonus of driving a steady trickle of traffic to HubPages, then that's fine.

1. profile image0
            pen promulgatesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hey Marisa, your Intel is extensive. I've been reading your articles a lot lately. They are indefinitely great. I am curious to know what is your advice to pgupta's question? smile

2. Anamika S profile image65

Marisa, I have some general niche web 2.0 blogs on dating & relationships, internet marketing, health & fitness, movies and most topics I write on. What I do is create back links to my money sites, hubs, youtube videos and my content on different platforms based on their topics. I not only link my content, I link other peoples relevant/related content or write 200 to 250 words posts around it. Sometimes I write short posts with no links as well. It is not much work because I use some software tools to find content and make the content unique by completely re-writing it and adding some stuff from my end as well.

1. theraggededge profile image88
              theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Rewriting content with software is called 'spinning' and is an outdated and frowned upon practice. No serious writer would ever consider it. Creating webs of links is also outdated and Google's algorithms can easily detect them.

You have 364 hubs and a hubscore of only 69. While I don't take much notice of the scores, it indicates a lack of quality in your writing.

1. Anamika S profile image65

Of course! I also have 20 Million page views. And by the way, I find content ... but don't use spinning software. I make the articles better than the originals by re-writing it and adding additional points. And so far, my backlinks from those articles are getting me views to my money sites. So I don't care what quality of writer I am.

4. Barack James profile image95
    Barack Jamesposted 7 years ago

Hi PGupta, There is only one genuine and long-term strategy for generating web traffic: Write quality articles and wait - Google will reward you greatly. Hubpages will also assist by moving best articles you write to a niche site for more traffic.

1. profile image0
      TheWritingHubposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.  If you plan to write long-term it's important to be as authentic as possible to your readership.  Strategies may work and you do need to know some marketing to be successful but overall you should have a sincere desire to help people by writing quality articles.  In doing so, your readership is more likely to stick with you in the long-run.  Short-cuts and strategies may make you appear insincere to some readers.

2. profile image0
      pen promulgatesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's helpful thanks smile

5. PGupta0919 profile image90
    PGupta0919posted 7 years ago

Thank you, everybody, for your inputs. They were of great help!

6. srirad0675 profile image81
    srirad0675posted 7 years ago

+1 to TheWritingHub's opinion. Desire to help, content that solves people's problems and authenticity draw traffic.

7. Mariaelizabeth profile image76
    Mariaelizabethposted 7 years ago

Hi, I was wondering about promotion, if its ok with googleadsense to paste hubs into social media posts.  I read somewhere that maybe authors couldn't promote.  Hubpages have said its ok to mention writing here subject to the community guidelines of the media site

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)