jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Hub not passed

1. Anita Hasch profile image70
    Anita Haschposted 5 months ago

My hub 'Baby Kidnapped,' has not passed. Could somebody help. How can I improve this hub?
    https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Baby-Kidnapped

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Hi Anita,

I'm a little confused about this hub. You have it under 'Celebrities'. Is this a true story? Oh I just noticed, you have said 'Rewritten Readers Digest 1982'. You can't do that, I'm afraid. If you have taken the whole Readers Digest article and just changed the words around, that is plagiarism and is illegal. If you wanted to write about the case, you should collect several sources and write it from scratch. I know it seems to be a good idea to rewrite old articles - it can be done but it must be completely changed. It is much better to write your own, using lots of research. And don't mention Readers Digest smile

If you decide to do a proper rewrite, then you need to file it under the correct category, which will be 'Crime'. Then you have to have a proper introduction to tell your readers what you are writing about. Include the date and location the crime took place. We need to know this is a factual account right up front.

Hope that helps.

Anita Haschposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Hi raggededge, Thanks for your reply. Will do this article over. I have written this article over in my own words. Unfortunately you can't change the facts, they stay the same.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago

A few problems I can see:

1.  You have a sentence at the bottom saying it's an article that's been rewritten, and crediting the Reader's Digest. Does that mean you've taken an article from The Reader's Digest and rewritten it in your own words?  If so, that's called "spinning" and it's not acceptable. 

2.  I don't understand why you've put it in the "Celebrities" category - were these famous people?

Anita Haschposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Hi Marisa, I don't know why the article is under the 'celebrities,' it is a mistake. I wrote this article using the facts I read about. Unfortunately I found no new facts, and I think this is an interesting story. It is amazing how many babies get changed around in hospitals. When I was in hospital with my one daughter, the lady next to me, was given a different child. Thank goodness they brought her a boy and she had given birth to a girl. In this article two babies were stolen. Anyway, I will redo the article and if it does not get passed I will enter it in my ebook on crime that I am busy with.

working